• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have a soft spot for these returns and part/old-timers matches from Royal Rumble to WrestleMania season, but I still think the title matches should main event the card. These matches are perfect for this season as special attractions that can garner eyeballs that may have been lost but the aim should always be to try and get those guys coming back to be invested in some of the newer ones.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's nothing wrong with the part/old-timers. But when they are consistently your biggest stars, and the ones you rely on to sell literally every big show, this is not a healthy state of being. It is the fruit of a long term-failure to elevate and build newer talents. The reason why Edge won the RR and we just saw Goldberg facing Drew is literally because VKM said he didn't think there was anyone else ready for those spots. He's right of course, but this is entirely a situation of his own making.

Mike5181

International Captain
There's nothing wrong with the part/old-timers. But when they are consistently your biggest stars, and the ones you rely on to sell literally every big show, this is not a healthy state of being. It is the fruit of a long term-failure to elevate and build newer talents. The reason why Edge won the RR and we just saw Goldberg facing Drew is literally because VKM said he didn't think there was anyone else ready for those spots. He's right of course, but this is entirely a situation of his own making.
There's Shortland Street level actors that have captivating characters in a TV show because of good writing/storytelling. Chris Kreski was one of WWF's best writers back in the late '90s and he was supposedly laughed at for his 'extensive use of storyboards'. With Vince still at the helm it's not surprising they haven't been able to make the most of their 200+ wrestler roster.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You could probably make a good roster from the blokes the WWE doesn't use weekly.

Andrade in particular always springs to mind. Should have been champion by now for sure. That said they actually do give all the woman something to do (even if it's the wrong thing, why squash Shayna so early? why break up the Iiconics? )

The tag division is a dumpster fire despite having plenty of talent there too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Holy ****, Edge implying he'd challenge for the NxT championship at wrestlemania is also huge. Wafg edge is. You know he fought for that sort of idea

Good day for wrestling that

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like to see a couple more things before I consider the door smashed door. this could easily be a short term thing to benefit both sides (get the belt onto Kenta - tie into the impact angle)

With that said, I think people might be sleeping on one thing in this angle - Lance Archer was very over in Japan. they could have stuck anyone in there, but Archer got it. Similarly, PAC (dragon gate) and Fenix (AAA) seem to be out of the match

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd like to see a couple more things before I consider the door smashed door. this could easily be a short term thing to benefit both sides

With that said, I think people might be sleeping on one thing in this angle - Lance Archer was very over in Japan. they could have stuck anyone in there, but Archer got it.
It's probably a good way to test the relationship and get the belt back to Japan.

Even if it is only a match or two it's the perfect way to start things off.

Suzuki vs Kingston
Ishii vs Kingston
John Silver / Darby / Jungle Boy vs Hiromu

A few great midcard stories in there. I'm not really expecting us to see Kota or Okada turn up anytime soon. But it went from not happening to at least a possibility.

Next week is Omega & KENTA vs Archer and Moxley apparently

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't know about the commentary, but Moxley failed his Selling 101 class. Not sure what the hell that was.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought it was Callis laughing, as in it was all part of the plan

but yes, mox needs to now take a GTS to the head because of that sell