• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Once upon a time, there was this nice guy, mid-card wrestler on WWF called Virgil. Seemed a nice enough bloke. Competently athletic, neat, and tidy costume. Then they fed him to The Undertaker (or was it Yokozuna, I struggle to remember). I was thinking about him for a moment just now, so I interrupt the current flow of discussion to bring him up. Thank you for your time and have a pleasant week

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
VENY is pretty good, Unlike Virgil who sucks.
Lol.. dunno if Virgil was fed to Undertaker but I remember when Maven was fed to him. They did try to build him up somewhat but I seem to recall reading that he was so bad in the ring that they just made him a jobber for Taker halfway through the storyline.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Maven was less "fed" to Undertaker and more "brutally hazed" by Undertaker.
Yeah but the original story was apparently that he was to be pushed the same way Jeff Hardy was through a feud with Taker. They were never gonna win but by the end of the storyline, Maven would have earned Taker's respect coz of his never-say-die etc.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just watched the AEW show. Seems like a pretty successful show, all four matches were good, all 8 wrestlers had their moments, Ex was good on commentary. obviously AEW should get them all locked on US-exclusive deals if they haven't already. Looking forward to how they do the last 3 matches. Yuka Sakazki/Ryo Mizunami seems like the obvious final but maybe they'll do a Noah and give the legend the title.

Athlai

Not Terrible
just watched the AEW show. Seems like a pretty successful show, all four matches were good, all 8 wrestlers had their moments, Ex was good on commentary. obviously AEW should get them all locked on US-exclusive deals if they haven't already. Looking forward to how they do the last 3 matches. Yuka Sakazki/Ryo Mizunami seems like the obvious final but maybe they'll do a Noah and give the legend the title.
Agree totally.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Riho vs Sereena Deeb was really good. Deeb is actually a pretty amazing wrestler. Who'd have thought NWA would've introduced her and Thunder Rosa as such huge stars.

Mike5181

International Captain
I've been rewatching some old stuff and I can't remember Yuka ever really doing it for me but she's great. Plays to the crowd and emotes really well. Also kind of hilarious. Like Double or Nothing 2019 you have this super babyface anime magical girl throwing Aja Kong a trashcan and then telling the crowd to shush to not alert the ref lol. And in another fourway match she actually plays up the fact that she's not being included in the action. Just seems to have the mannerisms and charisma for TV.

Can't go wrong with any of the Japanese girls in the tournament. Mei's probably a bit green, but will get there, VENY is obviously insane in the ring (actually posted a great DDT match of hers a year or so ago). Maki seems the best fit for the weekly dynamites. Would get over instantly in the Dark Order.

Enjoyed both the tournament so far and the recent Dynamite. Actually watching full shows from start to finish, which is rare. And it's good because I'm a bit burnt out from New Japan. Just not doing it for me recently, and some of the guys they are pushing don't appeal to me at all.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah while I can’t ever argue against Ibushi/Okada/Naito. The rest of NJPW doesn’t capture my imagination right now. Jay White is over exposed and so is SANADA and EVIL. The closest thing to another top guy right now is either Ishimorii which doesn’t feel right yet or Ospreay which also seems too soon.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
with hiromu out for 6 months, these NJPW Korakuen Hall cards are gonna get even rougher

event 2 of the woman's tournament again pretty good, bar the forced late change. I think they probably should have just had Britt completely squash Wrenkowski but whatever, they probably wanted her to get some stuff in, she's pretty green and with her height she could be a unique person in the division in the future.

I'm not sure if she just didn't adjust to the WWE house style or what, but AEW being able to pick up Tay Conti is very lucky for them as everything suggests she'll be a star and WWE won't yet too many other women slip to AEW. Emi Sakura was again in match of the night with Yuka, and Aja vs Ryo was probably as good as it could have been when you have someone who has to lose but can't take the pinfall.

Everything pretty logically booked so far. Thunder Rosa should go over Riho as Riho has the NWA program with Serena Deeb set to go.

And as everyone has commented on, Shida in the powersuit was certainly a look

Last edited: