• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

International Coach
Daniel Bryan strong betting fav for the rumble. I've not watched men in underwear play fighting for a while but face Bryan v Heel Roman at Mania does sound pretty cool.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah I'l probably go out of my way to watch it, looking at the ladies betting,,,seems very hard to call, Bianca and Rhea favs who tbf I have not seen much off.

Athlai

Not Terrible
God I love AEW. There is such an electric charm to it all, it has everything I live about wrestling. The humour, the pageantry, the long term story telling, over the top characters, immersive physical contests. It's a real treat, and unlike WWE I don't feel like I'm being constantly insulted or that the people Im supposed to be a fan of are being demeaned.

(not to hate on WWE they're having a good year for them seemingly)

A small example of the AEW stuff is these Tony Khan ads on Impact, it feels like an ode to ECW. Like this is the #pgera version of what Paul Heyman would've sold his soul for Vince to do for them.

A highlight from today's impact was from Tony Khan's "ad" where he gave us this
“Can I out-carny IMPACT Wrestling? No. I cannot. Because I’m not a carny. I’m a nice guy.

But you know who is a carny? Big money Matt Hardy "

Mike5181

International Captain
I like their 'a rising tide lifts all boats' approach to the wrestling scene. Their involvement in IMPACT has already benefitted both products, and probably led to them finally moving Josh Matthews off commentary. Could help out their women's division if they can borrow people like Dashwood, too.

I like NJPW's big events more obviously, but having an English language product to watch weekly is almost as valuable.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Royal Rumble was pretty good. End of the women's was one of the better that I can remember. Edge winning is cool but was honestly more excited to see Christian wrestling again. They both look great

Athlai

Not Terrible
Edge's comeback seems to be a great story but I get the feeling they are overmilking it by this point?
Will all be worth it if he keeps up his current standard of performance. I mean Jericho is 50 and legitimately a highlight of wrestling still. I could see Edge at 47 still having a hell of a Wrestlemania match and a good few years left in the tank.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm coming to terms with really being no longer hugely interested in wrestling anymore - however, Wrestlemania season is Wrestlemania season. Royal Rumble is always fun and it was a fun match to watch (didn't watch the rest of the show). The only thing which is must-watch for me in 2021 WWE is The Tribal Chief. I wonder if they'll do Edge Vs Roman, which is probably the biggest match they can do - or if they hedge with Edge Vs Drew and then Roman Vs Seth/Bryan/Cesaro/Nakamura/Big E/Anyone.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
God I love AEW. There is such an electric charm to it all, it has everything I live about wrestling. The humour, the pageantry, the long term story telling, over the top characters, immersive physical contests. It's a real treat, and unlike WWE I don't feel like I'm being constantly insulted or that the people Im supposed to be a fan of are being demeaned.

(not to hate on WWE they're having a good year for them seemingly)

A small example of the AEW stuff is these Tony Khan ads on Impact, it feels like an ode to ECW. Like this is the #pgera version of what Paul Heyman would've sold his soul for Vince to do for them.

A highlight from today's impact was from Tony Khan's "ad" where he gave us this
“Can I out-carny IMPACT Wrestling? No. I cannot. Because I’m not a carny. I’m a nice guy.

But you know who is a carny? Big money Matt Hardy "
I do enjoy parts of AEW. Cody Vs Dustin match really got me to take them very seriously. It was a super good match and in a way that was a bit less ninja / acrobatic / spinny than a lot of modern 6* matches. I was watching HBK Vs Vader from Summerslam 96, over the weekend and HBK really wrestled a more physical and dare I say, real, style to modern WWE. The epic match at Mindgames against Mankind (if people haven't seen it, it is a tremendous match) epitomises this.

Conscious this is incoherent rambling but I thought I'd share.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm coming to terms with really being no longer hugely interested in wrestling anymore - however, Wrestlemania season is Wrestlemania season. Royal Rumble is always fun and it was a fun match to watch (didn't watch the rest of the show). The only thing which is must-watch for me in 2021 WWE is The Tribal Chief. I wonder if they'll do Edge Vs Roman, which is probably the biggest match they can do - or if they hedge with Edge Vs Drew and then Roman Vs Seth/Bryan/Cesaro/Nakamura/Big E/Anyone.
Apparently they're doing Edge vs Roman. Nothing else is planned yet.
I think they should wait for Big E to have a crowd. A big IC match would be great though. Big E vs Christian could be great

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Edge v Roman would be cool. Roman absolutely has to win though. Anything else would be an absolute nonsense.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah I hate Brock anywhere near the title picture but I remember reading that was part of the plans, maybe it all changed due to the pandemic.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah he should be used as an attraction. The problem is they've burned through nearly everyone who might be interesting for him to work with. I guess Edge would be a cool option. But again it's a sad state of affairs when the most appealing match you can think of is a combination of old-timers/part-timers.