• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me pick an EPL side

Which EPL team should I support?

• Total voters

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Better than Stephane Gui'varch who went to the knock-off Juve of England side and was gash.

Matteh

Baggio was pretty much past it/an outcast in the mid-late90s when Football Italia was on during a Saturday morning. Seem to remember Daniele Dichio and Lee Sharpe playing in Italy for a combined total of about 10 games in that era.

cpr

International Coach
Baggio was pretty much past it/an outcast in the mid-late90s when Football Italia was on during a Saturday morning. Seem to remember Daniele Dichio and Lee Sharpe playing in Italy for a combined total of about 10 games in that era.

Pretty sure David Platt was managing Sampdoria at the time and took them out there

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What is this EPL you speak of?
amazing it took that long for that post, i really don't care about football being callerd soccer, but the "epl" just horrible in every way. The Premiership, thats what it's ****ing called, call it that.
Not since 2007 tbh. Anyway, even then, who called it the Premiership?

"Hey, who do Liverpool have in the Premiership this weekend?"

Yuck, it works but sounds awkward. Surely everyone uses 'Premier League' in conversation rather than, the awkward and now defunct, 'Premiership'?

EPL used all over the world. You would be insane to use it in the UK but it is how the league nmarkets itself globally.
Generally just refer to it as "the league" when talking about it. Obvs can understand why it would be referred to the EPL overseas though.
I laugh when people get all righteous about this.

Your league markets it that way overseas. The same overseas market that makes it even more rich and successful.

Craig

World Traveller

Your league markets it that way overseas. The same overseas market that makes it even more rich and successful.
That's pretty much it. When you look in the TV guides it has it under 'EPL', and that's what people know it as. In Asia I've seen it as the BPL (Barclays Premier League) for STAR sport (I think it's based out of Singapore, and it's shown in Vietnam).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

Just a note to ask if you included me in the 'righteous' group? I ask as you quoted me but then you agreed with me that EPL is the accepted usage outside the UK.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha nah Goughy, I saw you acknowledged exactly what my point often has been on CW. Just quoted a string of posts that talked about the 'EPL' name.

biased indian

International Coach
That's pretty much it. When you look in the TV guides it has it under 'EPL', and that's what people know it as. In Asia I've seen it as the BPL (Barclays Premier League) for STAR sport (I think it's based out of Singapore, and it's shown in Vietnam).
ya for the last 2 years ESPN Star projecting it as BPLthink they show it in most part of the asia

Pothas

Remember Baggio playing for Bolonga for a bit when I watched Itallian football, but he was still pretty great.

No one was as great as Beppe Signori though.