• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmmm, another Arsenal player stretchered off courtesy of a stupid and reckless tackle. Coincidence obviously.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We have one fit central defender in our first team. And we're in the middle of a game at Anfield. Pay the price to get some in ffs.

Pothas

Cole's was a fair bit worse to be honest.

Maybe a yellow would have been fairer but far from a disgracefull decision.

Hilarious anyway.

Jarquis

Hey, we're all over reacting. Joe Cole isn't a dirty player, it's just the way he plays, he's a passionate lad and likes to get involved and put in a few challenges. Plus well all know that these softy French Arsenal bastards don't like it up them. Not his fault etc etc.

I've not seen it, stream keeps ****ing up. But could be another leg break eh? All coincidence.

duffer

Challenge wasn't horrendous but was a braindead thing to do. Gerrards tackle on Eboue was the worst of the match so far.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hey, we're all over reacting. Joe Cole isn't a dirty player, it's just the way he plays, he's a passionate lad and likes to get involved and put in a few challenges. Plus well all know that these softy French Arsenal bastards don't like it up them. Not his fault etc etc.

I've not seen it, stream keeps ****ing up. But could be another leg break eh? All coincidence.
This was Joe Cole's first ever career red and if you think the job he was given today was to get amongst them then I don't know what to say.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Loving how the pundits are attempting to justify it on the basis that "he's not that kind of player". Wonderful logic.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ngog's football worse than Cole's challenge tbf. Been offside 48 times and conceeded a few fouls. But he's quick everyone, so it's okay.

EDIT: BLACKPOOL ARE SAINTS, ETC

Jarquis

This was Joe Cole's first ever career red and if you think the job he was given today was to get amongst them then I don't know what to say.
Of course I'm taking the piss. Just the fact every single ****ing time it happens, the same old lines are reeled out.
"He's an honest player"
"He's not that sort of player"
"We all know that's not the way he goes about the game".
**** off.

grecian

Ahh, cool we've heard "he's not that type of player" as a defence, :cool:

Must be the new season. I've no problem with the sending off, but I'd have had no problem with Wilshire being sent off . Really sick of these reckless challenges, learn how to tackle properly with control you *****. Every modern football player seems to be modelling their challenges on Bryan Robson and Paul Scholes. joke.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Loving how the pundits are attempting to justify it on the basis that "he's not that kind of player". Wonderful logic.
They weren't justifying it - both said a red was the correct decision! But for someone to get their first red at thirty - that suggests they aren't that type of player, no?