• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Alas, you've nailed Fergusons downfall there.... Were not bringing in any real quality. Since the Berbatov move he's decreed there is no value in the market, yet we are screaming, and i mean screaming, for a quality midfielder. Could've had Sneijder when he left Madrid, Van der Vaart wasn't exactly expensive for Spurs, and did we actually try for Ozil?

Anderson, for all his effort hasn't shown to be a creative spark in the middle, Gibsons got a crackin shot but little else. Fletcher can be effective, but he is still fairly limited moving forwards. Even Fergie has belatedly admitted he'll have to spend big to replace Scholes, but could've avoided doing so this summer. Unless he's waiting for Redknapp to bankrupt Spurs and nab Modric, this strategy is costing us dear, possibly more than our debts are
I'm amazed that Ferguson didn't attempt some sort of exchange deal with Real when Ronaldo was sold.
Pretty sure I read that neither Sniejder or Robben wanted to be in swap deals. Ferguson clearly tried for Ozil. He didn't go to Fulham v Werder just to watch Fulham if at all. Thinking VdV became available for a good price too late in the window for us. At that point we were only going to do loan deals out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think yer Tangerines are caught between a rock and a hard place here. Do they settle for four-zip or try to fight back and probably concede another four?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chelsea have already done enough to ensure they won't lose on GD anyway... these sides will inevitably tighten up their defenses and park the bus against Man U and Arsenal as the season progresses and the threat of relegation looms...

vcs

Yeah, full credit to Chelsea for smashing teams vastly inferior to them, I'm not denying that at all.

cpr

International Coach
Believe they felt Van Der Saar was going to get the ball anyway, what i read on the beeb....Though in that case if he's lost the ball, its more of an off the ball collision :ph34r:

Uppercut

TBF, whoever you're playing, a top flight GD of +20 from 5 games is phenomenal
Stylishly done too- they're taking a while to shake off their boredom tag since Mourinho's sides were so painful but they've become a really good team to watch.

Also, BERBAAATTAAAAAAAAAVVV