• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
United have done it twice already this season. Three times actually, twice in the one ****ing match.

Not a terrible result drawing at Sunderland but it could be the type of game that sets Chelsea apart from the rest. We'll see after they complete their absurdly easy start to the season.
Yeah, but United will come good at the end of the season. See Tottenham and Man City matches last year and numerous occasions in 2008-09 when they came back to win matches with Liverpool breathing down their necks.

Arsenal just frustrate me.

Uppercut

United do almost always improve in the second half of the season.

Valencia's a big miss, though.

Craig

World Traveller
GF, you've seen Scott Brown play more then I have, is he seriously Serie A standard? I ask because stupid tabloid BS was linking him with either Inter or Juve the other day.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
GF, you've seen Scott Brown play more then I have, is he seriously Serie A standard? I ask because stupid tabloid BS was linking him with either Inter or Juve the other day.
No. He's barely SPL standard. Runs about snarling a lot but has absolutely **** all technique or footballing brain.

Someone, somewhere, it at it with this one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Alas, you've nailed Fergusons downfall there.... Were not bringing in any real quality. Since the Berbatov move he's decreed there is no value in the market, yet we are screaming, and i mean screaming, for a quality midfielder. Could've had Sneijder when he left Madrid, Van der Vaart wasn't exactly expensive for Spurs, and did we actually try for Ozil?

Anderson, for all his effort hasn't shown to be a creative spark in the middle, Gibsons got a crackin shot but little else. Fletcher can be effective, but he is still fairly limited moving forwards. Even Fergie has belatedly admitted he'll have to spend big to replace Scholes, but could've avoided doing so this summer. Unless he's waiting for Redknapp to bankrupt Spurs and nab Modric, this strategy is costing us dear, possibly more than our debts are
I'm amazed that Ferguson didn't attempt some sort of exchange deal with Real when Ronaldo was sold.

chalky

International Debutant
Ferdinand out for Man Utd reckon Liverpool will be quite cautious after what happend at Man City earlier in the season.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh, shocking marking from 'nando :(

Almost as bad as 'pools ball retention/ability to look remotely threatening. About the only time somethings looked like happening is when Torres actually won the ball for himself and had a bit of a run. Konchesky seems to have redeemed himself defensively to, but his delivery is just rubbish.

duffer

Webb well and truly bottled that.

edit: Holy ****, they do it again.

and hahahhahahahaha Fletcher.

Last edited:

grecian

Two beautiful through-balls from Cole, showing what quality player he is.

haha john o'shea, probably best if had been sent off, as he should of been.

him and evans have no idea really.

cpr

International Coach
Done's had a offer on first scorer, they would multiply the odds by however many that player went on to score..... Forgot to go after work to stick the bet on, was gonna stick a fiver on Berbatov at 7/1..... lost £105 by rushing for my tram :(

vcs

United get their usual cheap set-piece goal to start them off (as they invariably do against big sides) and the man who delivered the winning cross shouldn't have been on the pitch.

That aside, Berbatov was brilliant and shut up a fair few doubters, including myself.