• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L. Thread II

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, so they poached the finals system, Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau? Got ya.
Actually morgieb is spot on. AFL used McIntyre in the 90s I believe and RL used the system currently used by both comps before the two comps swapped.

The AFL is probably better suited to this system anyway.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
big time performer that guy. had a wayne carey-esque impact on the game in the first half.
He's been pretty poor since he came back from injury tbh. Yesterday was his best game since he came back by miles.

Redbacks

International Captain
Actually morgieb is spot on. AFL used McIntyre in the 90s I believe and RL used the system currently used by both comps before the two comps swapped.

The AFL is probably better suited to this system anyway.
I'm sure 98 probably caused a rethink of the system.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hearing reports an AFL player has fallen from a balcony and died on an end of season trip in Las Vegas.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah I just saw the story on news.com.au. Fuarkkkk who is it.

EDIT: BF points to <snip> from Port Adelaide. Shiiiieeet.

EDIT2: Probably better that I don't post a name until confirmed.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Media not naming him even though everyone knows, because his family hasn't been informed yet.

But sportsnewsfirst.com.au have named him. Dogs.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Parochial instincts aside, that's absolutely awful. Huge story.

Sportal didn't name the player, but named his position in the draft, who he played for and some of his family members. Not hard to figure it out. Classy way to generate web traffic. :dry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jeez, saw the photos of some of the Port players here in Aust on their way to the rooms to be addressed by Port officials. Sad stuff :(

If it turns out alcohol or drugs was a key cause, I wonder whether this will have an affect on where the clubs allow players to go for their post-season trips.