• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Graham over for the third try and Sinfeld keeps up his 100% record. 22-6 to the good guys. Must be enough now with seven mins left, surely?

The Scouse ranga has put in a massive shift tonight. Be interesting to see how he goes for the Dogs next year. As a rule every Pom who's gone down under has improved massively.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Try from forward pass.
Try from 2on1 strip.

About a million incorrect plays of the ball.

A couple of dirty mongrels.

Awesome sport, this international league..... :sleep:
Reffing generally has been utterly crud, yes.

Best team's won tho & Tomkins nails the lid down with that. :wub:

Jacknife

International Captain
The Kiwi's thought they could win by brawling and should have been at least one down, reffing has been 50/50 for both sides but at the end of the day the best team won and won comfortably in the end. Issac John is one of the biggest **** houses playing RL.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lockyer's final final game then. Be nice if we could send the great man into retirement with a loss, but can't quite see it.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Australia to win by 22. Wilkin to get done for 14 high shots, knock on 9 times and slice 3 kicks out on the full. Useless french pile of ****.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
**** me that's horrible.

Has to be red.

EDIT: Hmm. Penalty try. Can't believe Lockyer's complaining to the ref. Thurston should be gone for that.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
A fantastic defensive effort (and a terrible decision by video ref in disallowing that try from the kick Tomkins spilled) by us to be level. Can't see it lasting long though.

Edit: There we go. Natural order of things restored

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thaiday's put in a shift tonight. Made the yards every time he's taken it up.

Faintly disturibing our best back has been an Aussie too. Reed's looked class.

EDIT: Stick a fork in her.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Final try for Lockyer. Fitting.

Better side has won, can't say much more.

Oh, bugger. The great man Don Fox's the conv.

22 points; stedly take a boo.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
:cool: I should have put money on that.

Faintly disturibing our best back has been an Aussie too. Reed's looked class.
It's the way to go. Just look at Trott, KP, Prior, etc.

He does look a bit special. Not impressed with Widdop, though. Don't really get to see any NRL, but I've seen nothing at all from him in, what is it now, 8/9 games (?) for England.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:cool: I should have put money on that.

It's the way to go. Just look at Trott, KP, Prior, etc.

He does look a bit special. Not impressed with Widdop, though. Don't really get to see any NRL, but I've seen nothing at all from him in, what is it now, 8/9 games (?) for England.
Me neither, but inclined to agree. Lacks gas and not impressed with his game management either. PEWS has made encouraging noises about him, but I still reckon we picked him more because we could rather than anything else.

NRL back on Sky for 2012 tho, so hopefully see more of him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Me neither, but inclined to agree. Lacks gas and not impressed with his game management either. PEWS has made encouraging noises about him, but I still reckon we picked him more because we could rather than anything else.

He's had a really funny role in the side so far; I don't think he's really going to add anything as a bench player. He's a quality player though.

Jacknife

International Captain
He's had a really funny role in the side so far; I don't think he's really going to add anything as a bench player. He's a quality player though.
He is a quality player and has been awesome for the Storm this year, it's just that McNamara hasn't used him properly while he's played for England. Bringing him off the bench with a few minutes to go is stupid, he should have been in the starting 13.

When are we going to learn that Sinfield is not a international No.6, time and time again he's been found wanting and tonight was no different. His kicking was really poor to say the least and he never managed to split the full back and winger on the last tackle, always kicking straight to the oppo is just ****e. Ball in hand he offers nothing and his control of the game just isn't up to it at this level.

Chase, why oh why did we pick him, he just goes missing too often and is crap in defense, just because he had a decent year with Cas doesn't mean we should have gone down this root, especially when he was wanting to play for the Kiwi's up to very recently. We should have picked Brough imo a much better player at srum half and who can actually defend, with a brilliant kicking game and imo with Widdop at stand off, they would have made England a far more dangerous outfit.

Definitely some positives to take from this tournament but tonight our big name players just didn't show up at all. Before the next comp we need to sort out our half back pairing and Yeaman and Briscoe are just not good enough, as well as the likes of Peacock and Morley have come to the end of their careers.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain

NRL has been on premier sport's all year, not bad value either. Like I've just said watching him play for the Storm this year there's no doubting he should have been picked, he had a brilliant season along side Cronk. McNamara just didn't utilize him properly and with the right partner England would have been much stronger imo than the Chase/Sinfield one.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to see Lockyer go out a winner (and a try scorer). Definitely wasn't his best game in the Green & Gold, but he still played very well. He will be sorely missed at all levels of football,mostly by his club :(

He has said he won't go into coaching, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Definitely doesn't have the voice for commentary.

ripper868

International Coach
From what I understand he is having an Op to have have his voice fixed. Just didn't do it while playing as a decent knock would mean the surgery pointless.