Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Rugby League Four Nations Tournament

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    This was the first game I got to watch , was enjoyable as a contest up until the 60 minute mark. Was even more enjoyable to see the Poms mouths clamp firmly shut (no more talking it up in tackles) when that bloke got knocked out and we piled on 6 tries.

They played well though for the first 50-60 minutes, and that young guy who is coming out here to Australia next year looks like a good player.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Was a really entertaining game until the 66th minute. Burgess is gun. What happened to Hodges?
    Hodges lasted 10 minutes, like he so often does. Most over-rated footballer of the past 10 years (well, there is Paul Gallen as well).
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

I love international footy

Need to play more of it in-season

The tri-nations really has potential

France disagrees. Pretty funny seeing Casey McGuire and Clint Greenshields playing for France.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hodges lasted 10 minutes, like he so often does. Most over-rated footballer of the past 10 years (well, there is Paul Gallen as well).
    Gallen? He busts his gut week in, week out, awesome footballer who had a great game in the final.

Hodges, well I like him for the Broncos but yeah he's overrated, I was pushing for Jennings inclusion ahead of him.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Gallen? He busts his gut week in, week out, awesome footballer who had a great game in the final.

Hodges, well I like him for the Broncos but yeah he's overrated, I was pushing for Jennings inclusion ahead of him.
    Yeah, but so do 100 other blokes. He gets picked because he's "got mongrel", which in his case means "he takes shots at rookies and small blokes, usually cheap shots at that".

I admit I'm biased though - cannot stand the bloke.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Gallen is a tool no doubt, but he can play, same boat as Hodges really.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Yeah, but so do 100 other blokes. He gets picked because he's "got mongrel", which in his case means "he takes shots at rookies and small blokes, usually cheap shots at that".

I admit I'm biased though - cannot stand the bloke.
    He gets picked because he makes 150m a game tbh.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    The 2010 version kicks off on 23rd, but before that we face the Maori & NZ have a test v Samoa tomorrow.

All three of our NRL players get a gig, although it's maybe a bit of a stretch to call Widdop an NRL player given his lack of first grade gametime.

Mildly surprised to see Tahu named in the Maori XVII, ex Kangaroo (and briefly Wallaby) and all. Last time I heard he was busy withdrawing from the Blues' origin team after Johns's unfortunate comments about Inglis. That said the seemingly infinite flixibility of league's eligibility rules mean that nothing's that surprising.

Strong looking Samoan line up too, although one suspects all their line up is qualifed for the oppo as well. From The Guardian
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Tahu's father is Maori.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Tahu's father is Maori.
    Yeah, so I understand. Just found it a bit surprising that a chap who seems committed to Oz would be selected for them. Report I linked to says he now wants to play for the Maori, so does that mean he wants to play for the Kiwis too?

Well that was a blowout in the end, 50-6 to New Zealand.

But honestly, how much were that all-girl band (?) were to paid to sing the NZ national anthem? Not only did they butcher it, but what talentless hacks they are.

Pleased to see us piss away an 18 point lead v the Maori. We were blowing out of our arses for the last quarter. Morley getting crocked obv didn't help on the interchange front, but worrying signs for next week.

Widdop isn't a full back's arse either; no pace and positionally suspect. He's a stand off or he's nothing IMHO.

Surely you guys would have better players then Widdop, ie more who only have one game of first grade under their belts.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Pleased to see us piss away an 18 point lead v the Maori. We were blowing out of our arses for the last quarter. Morley getting crocked obv didn't help on the interchange front, but worrying signs for next week.

Widdop isn't a full back's arse either; no pace and positionally suspect. He's a stand off or he's nothing IMHO.
    Funny you should say that because he was only moved from fullback to five-eighth in lower grades here because there was no avenue for him to get into the top grade at fullback, given Slater was ahead of him at this club.

That said, I don't really disagree with you. He was positionally quite good at fullback when he played there regularly but a season and a half exclusively playing five-eighth and centre will obviously mess with that a little bit, and there definitely are quicker fullbacks. I believe I compared him to Ben Hornby somewhere on this forum a while ago - that comparison is looking truer by the game.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information