• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ajax, because their side around 95 was the first world-class European side that I can really remember, and I've always had a bit of a thing for Bergkamp

Brentford. Have a pub on every corner of the ground, a standing away end and sledger. Anyone who votes for MK Dons needs to ask some serious questions about themselves, I'd actually say it's worse than voting for Cardiff. WSC still don't recognise them as a club; you know the dongs actually had the cheek to claim that they won the 1988 FA Cup until some sort of deal was struck and it was returned to Merton Borough COuncil. To hell with them, I truly despite them, make me sick.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, partly agree, I didn't really get Uppercuts remarks about Irons fans. Too much time watching Danny Dyer films and reading Man u forums, I'd suggest.
Haha, i must have run into some particularly bad ones. FTR, i do neither of those things :p. Every football forum i've been to has been guaranteed to invoke a brain haemorrhage within five minutes and i had to look up who Danny Dyer was...

Ajax and Brentford. Ajax because they play good football and their 1995 European Cup final win is the earliest vague footballing memory i have. Brentford because MK Dons aren't a real team.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, i must have run into some particularly bad ones. FTR, i do neither of those things :p. Every football forum i've been to has been guaranteed to invoke a brain haemorrhage within five minutes and i had to look up who Danny Dyer was...
No probs, as I've said, personal experience is always going to out in these thing.

Human Traffic was quite good......

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ajax (total football) and Brentford. We may be playing the Bees next week but anyone voting for Franchise FC needs to have their opinion on every footballing issue ignored and their eyes forcibly rinsed out with industrial strength bleach.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Loving Pickup's opinions in this thread.

That being said, whites haven't been drawn yet

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Strongly considering reporting your post

Brumby, just count geg as voting for Brentford :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ajax and Brentford.

Ajax, my dad used to like them, so that's good enough for me in this round.

I seem to remember Brentford having a great run in FA Cup or Carling Cup back in 2005-2006, I was going for them.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Doesn't count unless you vote on MK Dons/Brentford.
Why? I don't particularly like or dislike either of them. If there needs to be a tie breaker though I'll happily do it then, otherwise I don't see why I should contribute to a vote when I have no opinion which means the result won't reflect the actual consensus.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Anderlecht - A mate of mine from college was from Belgium so I'm reasonably pro Belgium. Ajax also have the disadvantage of developing Dennis Bergkamp.

Brentford - Because Paul "Big Time Charlie" Ince used to manage MK Dons

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely Ajax for the first battle, not really concerned about the second - will vote Brentford because it seems to be the popular choice.