• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tipping Ladder:
  1. NUFAN 40.02
  2. Clapo 39.02
  3. MrWright 39.01
  4. Blewy 38.02
  5. 99* 37.03
  6. DCYE 37.02
  7. luffy 37.02
  8. Tozzer 37.01
  9. Brumby 37.01
  10. Simon 37.01
  11. ripper888 36.01
  12. Craig 35.01
  13. chaminda_00 35.01
  14. James90 35.01
  15. Ausage 35.01
  16. Prince EWS 35
  17. King Damo 33.01
  18. vic_orthdox 33
  19. Burgey 33
  20. Pinchy 32

6 was again the highest score this week, with 4 people (Simon, Luffy, Ausage & *99) taking home a bonus point, with the lowest score for the round being 3 by Vic & Blewy. King Damo & Burgey forgot their tips and therefore also only get the 3.

With only 4 NRL games next weekend, did people want to include Aust v NZ and City v Country matches as well? Will give everyone 48 hours to respond.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't really mind, but imo City/Country will be a toss up. No real way of knowing how the two teams will gel.

Don't really get into the whole City/Country thing. I don't think there's as much passion in these matches from fans, and the passion from the players comes from competing for an origin spot imo. Wouldn't be disappointed if they scrapped it personally.

howardj

International Coach
I think the Price/Petero/Bailey combo is getting a bit stale, to be frank. Love them like brothers, but surely it's time the Aust selectors move forward to counter what's a dynamic, vibrant NZ line-up.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the Price/Petero/Bailey combo is getting a bit stale, to be frank. Love them like brothers, but surely it's time the Aust selectors move forward to counter what's a dynamic, vibrant NZ line-up.
Price and Petero are our best props hands down, Bailey hasnt played for Australia for a couple of years but has been in good form. I really dont see the problem.

Johnners

Here's an idea, lets not play the 3 best Australian props and let less experienced players of a lower quality play instead!

Wait....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't argue with the fact that Price and Petrol are the 2 best Props we have, however when they go it will be a big difference to the Aussie side.. If the selectors consider Brent Kite as one of the top 4 then we are in trouble..

Bailey has been good this year but in all seriousness hasnt had a injury free season for a few years now, and i think his old legs are catchin up with him....

Johnners

Why though, it just doesn't make sense. The 3 of them are clearly (imo, and obviously in the opinion of the selectors) the best 3 props Australia has, and by veering away from them, you're only going to weaken the teams forward pack. Who would you suggest they pick?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Who would you play instead?

Like others I don't see how you could not select Price and Petero.

Simon

Can't argue with the fact that Price and Petrol are the 2 best Props we have, however when they go it will be a big difference to the Aussie side.. If the selectors consider Brent Kite as one of the top 4 then we are in trouble..

Bailey has been good this year but in all seriousness hasnt had a injury free season for a few years now, and i think his old legs are catchin up with him....
We have the players to cover, most props dont mature and reach their pick till around the age of 26-28.
There are several such as Ben Hannant, Nick Kenny, Keith Galloway, Tim Grant, Michael Weyman and Justin Poore to name a few that are improving by the day.
Also reckon Tim Mannah from Parramatta will be right up there in a few years.

howardj

International Coach
Thaiday, ODonnell, Creagh, Weyman and Hennant should, in my extremely learned view, have all been there.

As it is, we've picked Dad's Army on Friday night.

Simon

Thaiday, ODonnell, Creagh, Weyman and Hennant should, in my extremely learned view, have all been there.

As it is, we've picked Dad's Army on Friday night.
Thaiday, O'Donnell and Creagh all back rowers.

Weyman needs more than 4 good games in a row to make the test team. He doesnt have a cool nickname like "The Wolfman" so he needs to put in performances over time to get in there. Hannant imo probably would have been next prop picked.