• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hedo had a chance to put the Blazers into contention but chose the money and mediocrity in T'dot instead. Hilarious, especially if you're a Nuggz fan crapping your dacks at them owning the NW Division for a few years.

Oh and according to Chris Broussard:

"Memphis looks the most likely destination for A.I"

Might need the suicide helpline number if this comes true. Although, Iverson, Randolph, Q-Rich, Gay and Mayo on the same team would be incredible. Literally no-one would bother to play defence, rebound or listen to their coach during timeouts..

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hedo had a chance to put the Blazers into contention but chose the money and mediocrity in T'dot instead. Hilarious, especially if you're a Nuggz fan crapping your dacks at them owning the NW Division for a few years.
Yeah went for money for sure. Either Portland or Orlando (especially the Magic IMO) could have offered a serious chance at a ring, yet he goes to the ****in' Raptors for some extra coin, what a douche.

Oh and according to Chris Broussard:

"Memphis looks the most likely destination for A.I"

Might need the suicide helpline number if this comes true. Although, Iverson, Randolph, Q-Rich, Gay and Mayo on the same team would be incredible. Literally no-one would bother to play defence, rebound or listen to their coach during timeouts..
Didn't Richardson get traded for Randolph?

duffer

Didn't Richardson get traded for Randolph?
Yes, yes he did. Was thinking about Mike Conley when I typed it bizzarely enough.

Nuggets and Grant Hill are talking about bringing him over to chase a ring. Would've prefered Anthony Parker but wouldn't mind Hill at all. Signing vets who are consumate pro's as opposed to nutcases that we're used to can only be a good thing. Will get plenty of minutes at the 2 & 3 if he comes.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Love Grant, would love to see him at the Nuggz.

Funny though, I only seem to like players who were playing when I was a kid (and who aren't named Kobe). Up the 90's!

duffer

We all gonna be John Wall fans soon enough. Old school nutcase point guard, can't wait till college ball starts up again. This season will be a whole lot better than last season, a heap of top players stayed an extra year and a crazy crop just graduated out of high school.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
a ring is obviously not as important as a few extra millions for the "michael jordan of turkey"...toronto is really stupid to invest so much in a player like hedo, he is just not worth all that much....

Last edited:

duffer

Him and KG are good buds tbh. This'll help them huge though, they needed front court help down the stretch last season but could only land Mikki Moore. Sheed and Garnett as starters with Perkins and Big Baby off the pine is pretty powerhouse. Really can't wait for next season, one of the most hectic arms races we've had for a while.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
depends on which 'sheed turns up in boston...let's see if garnett can fire him up a little and keep him out of tech foul trouble at the same time...:)

duffer

He didn't act like a nutter in Detroit while Chauncey and Ben were there. Similar situation here, Garnett, Pierce and Allen would stop him from being a bitch. He knows the score, he'll have to sacrifice shots and play D if he wants a ring. This is a great pickup, opens the paint up for KG and spreads the floor for their wings. Can D up inside and outside.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, the years in Detroit right after he moved from Portland he was much more well behaved. I expect the same for his first couple of years in Boston, with KG and the like reigning in his inner crazy.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Hedo to Raptors? Hahaha. My bro-in-law must have a huge grin on his face. Damn Canadians.

Some suggesting Bulls will go for Boozer. Would be ecstatic if we can pull off a one to one trade for Deng (Bulls' Rex Grossman) but I don't see it happening with Luol's huge contract.

Also, Rasheed going to the Celts just makes it easier for me to hate them.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He didn't act like a nutter in Detroit while Chauncey and Ben were there.
actually he did, he was leading the technical foul counts most if not all those years and then there were his hilarious guarantees in the playoffs...he plays well even when he goes nuts although his teammates and the coach would always need to rein him in a little or else he gets himself thrown out...it's when he "gets bored" that he becomes ineffective and to all intents and purposes disappears...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He knows the score, he'll have to sacrifice shots and play D if he wants a ring.
i don't think that is a problem, he wasn't a selfish player in detroit and played great defence especially under larry brown...

duffer

actually he did, he was leading the technical foul counts most if not all those years and then there were his hilarious guarantees in the playoffs...he plays well even when he goes nuts although his teammates and the coach would always need to rein him in a little or else he gets himself thrown out...it's when he "gets bored" that he becomes ineffective and to all intents and purposes disappears...
So, T's are more or less given on reputation these days, the count means very little. The bloke is naturally expressive but as the treatment of guys like Artest goes, once you have a certain rep you'll be treated completely differently. He gets the most questionable T's in the league apart from K-Mart and Artest. He played great team ball while Chauncey was around to motivate him, he got bored after he left and Curry had no idea what to do with him, a veteran locker room in Boston with a Championship calibre coach will be completely different.

i don't think that is a problem, he wasn't a selfish player in detroit and played great defence especially under larry brown...
Obviously didn't watch any Pistons last season then. Was the definition of a cancer.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So, T's are more or less given on reputation these days, the count means very little. The bloke is naturally expressive but as the treatment of guys like Artest goes, once you have a certain rep you'll be treated completely differently. He gets the most questionable T's in the league apart from K-Mart and Artest. He played great team ball while Chauncey was around to motivate him, he got bored after he left and Curry had no idea what to do with him, a veteran locker room in Boston with a Championship calibre coach will be completely different.
well he did build that rep in the first place, didn't he? i have seen him rant and rave and curse against injustices, real and imagined, he just goes bonkers....most professionals know when to leave well enough alone, he doesn't, i think it is a well-deserved reputation...

Obviously didn't watch any Pistons last season then. Was the definition of a cancer.
last year was the "getting bored" bit that i mentioned...

duffer

He has every right to be aggrieved when he's being punished for things other players get away with all the time. Nothing headcase about that, it's a natural reaction.