• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a game that was. Terrific intensity.
**** yeah. Winning away from home in quadruple OT was sensational by the Pistons. I really feel as though the Bulls missed a trick not using their bench depth, during overtime.

Fully aware you're referring to GSW vs Bucks :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
73-9 or even better is certainly possible but it would be more or less meaningless to the warriors if they don't repeat...the spurs are quietly putting together a terrific season themselves while slowly integrating aldridge into their lineup and getting an mvp caliber performance from leonard...and now irving is back for the cavs...both these teams at full strength are good enough to beat the warriors in a 7 game series...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Shouild make for some explosive playoff action. Only let down is who gives the Cavs a good series in the Eastern Conference. I would love to say the Celtics but, we are one clutch performer away from getting over the hump 8-)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shouild make for some explosive playoff action. Only let down is who gives the Cavs a good series in the Eastern Conference. I would love to say the Celtics but, we are one clutch performer away from getting over the hump 8-)
Which hump?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
as long as they stay healthy, I don't see anyone that can stop the cavs coming out of the east...the bulls were supposed to be the main challengers but that hasn't been the case...there are teams who can give them a fight like chicago, miami, atlanta and toronto but none of them are good enough to beat a healthy cavs...there are only three real contenders this season...the warriors, san antonio and cleveland...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Thunder will be a tough out come playoffs. You have to include them too.
I thought about that...but they are too reliant on two injury-prone stars...not a lot of depth to that team...westbrook and durant are outstanding these other teams have too many weapons in my opinion...if say the spurs and the warriors get hit hard with injuries and the thunder manage to stay injury-free for the rest of the season, they may have a tiny chance of coming out of the west but a healthy cavs would still beat them in a 7 game series...what i am saying is that they need a lot of help from the others to contend for a title...on paper, the clippers also have the team to contend but i don't really count them as contenders as well...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kudos to the NBA store.

My son is a huge Blake Griffin fan and we ordered a heap of stuff from them for Xmas but grew concerned when tracking showed the items nowhere close to being shipped.

One email later from a very concerned Mum and everything was sorted with the items now under the tree

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Westbrook is injury prone? You know he'd never had an injury in his entire life until last year, right? Including high school and college?
sure he is less injury prone than durant...my point still stands...that's a two man team, you never see the role players playing a big role...even ibaka who was supposed to become a star by now and be part of a big three...they are a good team and they will make a fight out of it in the playoffs as long as westbrook and durant stay healthy but they are not contenders is all i am saying...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
sure he is less injury prone than durant...my point still stands...that's a two man team, you never see the role players playing a big role...even ibaka who was supposed to become a star by now and be part of a big three...they are a good team and they will make a fight out of it in the playoffs as long as westbrook and durant stay healthy but they are not contenders is all i am saying...
He's not "less injury prone", he isn't injury prone at all. He's had one injury in his entire life. It's just a false statement. I wasn't debating the other stuff, just calling you out on (yet again) posting completely false bull****.

Though with that said I think their team isn't as bad as you make it sound (Ibaka is a star, tbh. Basketball is played on two ends) but their coaching is horrendous. The things someone like Pop or Carlisle could do with that team would be amazing, but instead they play 1-on-1 rubbish and try to shoot over teams constantly because their coach is a rookie and Westbrook just does whatever the **** he wants.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He's not "less injury prone", he isn't injury prone at all. He's had one injury in his entire life. It's just a false statement. I wasn't debating the other stuff, just calling you out on (yet again) posting completely false bull****.

Though with that said I think their team isn't as bad as you make it sound (Ibaka is a star, tbh. Basketball is played on two ends) but their coaching is horrendous. The things someone like Pop or Carlisle could do with that team would be amazing, but instead they play 1-on-1 rubbish and try to shoot over teams constantly because their coach is a rookie and Westbrook just does whatever the **** he wants.
regardless of whether westbrook can be called injury-prone (and he had at least 2 injuries last season from what i remember) why are you nitpicking this point and why be so aggressive...? it's just a discussion about a game, also never said they were a bad team, in fact i said they were good and a playoff team, but not contenders...there is a difference between the two as i am sure you are aware and that was my larger point...i like ibaka and he had (still has) potential but he hasn't come close to being the night-in, night-out great player that they were hoping he would become...also hypotheticals like pop or carlisle coaching them doesn't change the current reality...

i understand that the "yet again" is about our disagreement over how good/overrated harden is...we can agree to disagree on harden vs irving...also my comments are probably colored by his vain boasting that he is the best player in the nba right now and his whining over the mvp award going to curry last season...never said he is not a good player, being a top 10 player in the nba means you are one of the best players in the world...it's just that there are enough significantly better, significantly higher-impact players in the league...

Last edited: