• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quietly loving what the Bulls are doing to their team though. If they can swing a trade for a good defensive SF who can guard a Lebron then they'll be great and pretty well rounded.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Can't believe we got Korver so cheap. He oozes potential.

Fisher doesn't like Lakers contract apparently, flies down south to talk to Pat Riley. :laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just watching the NBA Summer League.

Guy does the slippery eel and gets the and one. The commentators say "Er..who is that guy?" :laugh:

Turns out they have never heard of the guy and go on about how they think his name is pronounced.

It is funny when the commentators really dont care.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
the potential to do what? he is a decent-to-good 3 pt shooter, what else?
Potential to put up a lot more points than he does. It always surprises me when I see his averages in the single digits but given more minutes he could average 12 or something IMO. That said I doubt he'll get those minutes with the Bulls if we get Redick.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Potential to put up a lot more points than he does. It always surprises me when I see his averages in the single digits but given more minutes he could average 12 or something IMO. That said I doubt he'll get those minutes with the Bulls if we get Redick.
ok his career average so far is 9.9 so an increase to 12 would be an additional couple of points per game, you think that will make him a difference-maker? i don't know, never been sold on the guy...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
His average with the Jazz is even lower but I digress. I'm basically hoping for him to come off the bench night in night out and give us some solid minutes putting up 10-15 pts a game with his sharp shooting a la BG with Skiles.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
gordon was a 20+ pt scorer wasn't he? korver has a ways to go to get there...sorry i have been hearing about his potential since he was a sixer and i guess i just don't get it...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
About 15-16 actually when he'd come off the bench for Skiles and when he won the 6th man award. I can see Korver doing that, though its a fair point that he hasn't yet consistently, bar a couple of seasons.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's a great signing because he spreads the floor. All Chicago's other top players all are most dangerous/like to operate from too similar parts of the court. If they get him and Reddick and can trade for an Iguodala type of SF they're very very legitimate in challenging for the East.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Dan Gilbert blasted LeBron James after the two-time league MVP picked the Heat on Thursday night.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert wrote an open letter to the team’s fans after LeBron James(notes) announced his decision to leave the franchise after seven seasons. Here it is in its entirety.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “King” will be taking the “curse” with him down south. And until he does “right” by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day….

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue….

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Watching NBA Summer League again and the commentators have just gone nearly 10 mins without mentioning the game they are supposed to be watching.