• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which sport do you think is best?

Which sport do you think is the best of all?

• Soccer

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Baseball

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Cricket

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Swimming

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • American football

• Golf

• Rugby

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Volleyball

• Dodgeball

• Hockey

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Basketball

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Tennis

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • A.F.L.

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steds

Hall of Fame Member
League may be easier to get into, but there's certainly more to get your teeth into with Union for mine. Like cricket it's quite a technical sport, so it rewards the connoisseur.
Does not being able to see the logic in the endless kicking to touch for no good reason, trapping the ball beneath a load of bodies and thus slowing the game down, collapsing scrums and taking the 3 when there's 5 (+2) on offer disqualify you from being a connoisseur? :angel_not

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Does not being able to see the logic in the endless kicking to touch for no good reason, trapping the ball beneath a load of bodies and thus slowing the game down, collapsing scrums and taking the 3 when there's 5 (+2) on offer disqualify you from being a connoisseur? :angel_not
Pretty much.
:p

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Cricket well clear, followed by AFL, and then soccer. After those there's not really anything that I dedicate much time to watching. There's only a small number of sports I really cannot watch though, namely any form of motor sport (which is easily the worst sport for mine, and barely deserves the title), rugby league and golf. I'll give virtually anything else a bit of time if I've got a reason to watch it, but I'll only go out of my way to watch the first three.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Look, if I wanted to watch something where everyone gets their turn with the ball, I'd go along to the pre-school sports.

magpie_man

School Boy/Girl Captain
Seeing as everyone else is nitpicking:

- Rugby league should be in that poll;
- "Rugby" should be changed to "rah-rah", "kick 'n clap" or Rugby Union;
- AFL isn't a sport, Australian Football or Aussie Rules is.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
HOCKEY

Best sport in the world --- field hockey that is...not the ice hockey rubbish the Americans play

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
love cricket, basketball, rugby union and league, tennis, golf and dodgeball.
cricket and basketball would for me be top though