• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2007 Super 14 thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Close game in QLD. Reds 20 Lions 19, just under ten minutes left. Andrew Walker's back too; just made decent little half-break.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Never really managed to kick on in Union, did he? I remember seeing him play against the Lions in 2001 & thought he looked the business.

Anyway, 26-20 to the Lions. Not a great weekend for Aussie Rugby, really.

cometer

State Regular
Australian teams really do seem to be struggling at the moment. Was incredibly frustrated with the Brumbies ball handling skills though.

Fiery

Banned
19 year old Waratah Lachlan Mackay looks the goods for a wallaby jersey this year...of course if he lived in NZ he'd be about 9th in line but he just smoked the Crusaders covering defence

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's older than 19 isn't he? I thought he'd been in and out of the Waratahs side for a couple of years.

Looks like Chris Jack's season is going to be cut short.

Fiery

Banned
He's older than 19 isn't he? I thought he'd been in and out of the Waratahs side for a couple of years.

Looks like Chris Jack's season is going to be cut short.
Nope...born 11 May 2007, still 19. Jack's leg injury did look bad

Perm

19 year old Waratah Lachlan Mackay looks the goods for a wallaby jersey this year...of course if he lived in NZ he'd be about 9th in line but he just smoked the Crusaders covering defence
You must be referring to either Lachlan Turner or Kurtley Beale because from what I'm seeing, Lachlan Mackay isn't playing.

Fiery

Banned
Great game going on here. Waratahs came back from a big deficit and Crusaders back in front now. Why is this thread so dead...I had to revive it tonight from 3 weeks ago, doesn't say much about the popularity of union v league etc

Fiery

Banned
Great game going on here. Waratahs came back from a big deficit and Crusaders back in front now. Why is this thread so dead...I had to revive it tonight from 3 weeks ago, doesn't say much about the popularity of union v league etc
Yeah Lachlan Turner sorry, same DOB

Johnners

Score??

Glad to see the Force can at least hold their Heads high out of the Australian teams. Can only hope that Giteau & Larkham (when he gets back) form some sort of combination as it's the only hope the Wallabies have imo

Fiery

Banned
Score??

Glad to see the Force can at least hold their Heads high out of the Australian teams. Can only hope that Giteau & Larkham (when he gets back) form some sort of combination as it's the only hope the Wallabies have imo
34-25 to the Crusaders now 55 min. Horrotahs putting up a good fight here though...and yes the Force have been impressive this year. Larkham is past it though, Giteau the future

Last edited:

Perm

Its 34-25 to the Crusaders with 57 minutes gone. Volty has been having a rough week or so, that's one of the reasons that this thread hasn't been very lively. Interesting to see that Kurtley Beale has been moved back to fullback though, he wasn't coping very well at all when playing at flyhalf. Good to see Norton-Knight getting some more game time closer to the ball, he is definately not a winger.