• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Ok. I see. Anyway, Guus Hiddink has taken over as Australia Coach. It'll be interesting to see what PSV does.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
roseboy64 said:
Ok. I see. Anyway, Guus Hiddink has taken over as Australia Coach. It'll be interesting to see what PSV does.
I think he had a clause in his contract allowing him to take over a national team if he wishes, and lets him take as long as 3 months off at a time - or something like that. Must have a lot of faith in his assistants!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kimbo said:
I'm an arsenal fan, but not a lad.. I'm gettin a new shirt soon, putting STYOPID on da back

by the way dave, are you an oldham fan? my flatmate is from oldham and loves them.. i had to wear his oldham shirt at the pub the other day cos it was his birthday and he thought it was brilliant... i didnt quite understand the excitement
yeah i am, looks like you have made a good choice with you're flatmates - at least he'll be in a good mood all season when we get promoted!

Craig

World Traveller
Now thanks to the goals scored by a guy who used to play for Citeh but spends more time on a physio table then on the playing field.

Craig

World Traveller
Now I read Shevchenko has denied he is off to Chelsea after a spat with Carlo Ancelotti.

As an Inter fan I hope he goes and never comes back. They can take Gattuso with him (would be a better option then Essien IMO and for less money). Now all I need is for Pirlo to get injured (not too hard since he is soft) and Dida to suffer an injury as well.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
nah he'll be lucky if he makes the side this year with Beckett and Liddel
He will be lucky to go more then 5 games with getting an injury before worring about getting a game.

Craig

World Traveller
Entered in a comp to win a trip to England to watch a EPL match at either Stamford Bridge, Highbury or Nike Trafford Ballpark.

The comp isn't drawn until October 7, but I'm not getting my hopes up going by my luck.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Now I read Shevchenko has denied he is off to Chelsea after a spat with Carlo Ancelotti.

As an Inter fan I hope he goes and never comes back. They can take Gattuso with him (would be a better option then Essien IMO and for less money). Now all I need is for Pirlo to get injured (not too hard since he is soft) and Dida to suffer an injury as well.[/QUOTE

You need all that too be competitive with them?
Inter never win seria A anymore and i dont see them doing so in the near future

Agent TBY

International Captain
Aren't you contradicting yourself there?

If you think Inter can't win the Serie A anymore, there's no chance of them winning it in the near future, so it's just not worth mentioning.

Craig

World Traveller
kendall said:
Craig said:

As an Inter fan I hope he goes and never comes back. They can take Gattuso with him (would be a better option then Essien IMO and for less money). Now all I need is for Pirlo to get injured (not too hard since he is soft) and Dida to suffer an injury as well.[/QUOTE

You need all that too be competitive with them?
Inter never win seria A anymore and i dont see them doing so in the near future
If it weren't for the many draws early on in the season then they could well have won it and in fact they started to play more as a team from January came around this year and the results showed that. Only two losses and one of them came in a match they didn't really deserve too.

And the loss of those three players won't help Inter to be competitive - Inter outplayed Milan in the CL two rounds except for the goals scored by Milan were very hard/if not impossible for Toldo to stop. If Dida hadn't been in goal then it might have been a different story. And strangely everybody bitched and moaned about Inter's punnishment for the crowd troubles, but nobody mentions a thing about Shevchenko's head butt on Materazzi (If Materazzi had done it he would have been sent off ) yet he stayed on the pitch.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I getting worried about Michael Owen now, he struggled to start for Real for the majority of last season and now with Robinho in thier ranks plus Ronaldo & Raul, things could get even worst for him

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see Ferguson throwing down the gaunlet to Mourinho and his Chelsea men that united are out to win this championshir, that the spirit :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hakon, did you watch the Euro U19 match tonight?

Way to stuff something up! Do they not have corners in Norway?

shaka

International Regular
aussie said:
Nice to see Ferguson throwing down the gaunlet to Mourinho and his Chelsea men that united are out to win this championshir, that the spirit :D
Doesn't he throw down the gauntlet every year?

Craig

World Traveller
Don't agree with the decision to cancel the tour of England. I know player's safety has to be taken into, but who is to say there won't be a terriorist attack in Milan or at the San Siro. It wouldn't be too hard considering how Matteo Saronni was able to steal an Atalanta supporter's moped and drag it up to the top tier in the ground. And then there are those flares as well.

And there was also the supporter who killed himself there in 2003.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
aussie said:
doesnt take away from the fact that they definitely will not be winning the league this year, if they can get 2nd they will have over achieved imo.