Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ****Offical F.A. Cup Final thread, Arsenal vs Man Utd****

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.

****Offical F.A. Cup Final thread, Arsenal vs Man Utd****

Well the time is almost upon us, in just over 24 hours time Arsenal and Man utd will kick off the 2005 FA cup final in the millenium stadium in cardiff. The general predictions are that it will be a very closely contested match. Going into the match Arsenal have the clear form advantage at the moment although they will indeed be without Thierry Henry, however he may well not be missed with Jose Reyes and Robin Van Persie both in top form to partner Dennis Bergkamp up front. Although indeed Man utd have not lost in a competitive match to arsenal for more than two years now.....A tough one to call..

Myself being an arsenal fan i hope that Arsenal not only win (obviously) but also give Man Utd a thrashing (severe). Realistically i predict that arsenal will win a tightly fought contest, whilst hopefully avoiding a penalty shoot out as arsenals record on pens is poor.

Come on gooners !!!

you thoughts ?

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    you thoughts ?
    you shouldn't have asked that. Soon this thread will be invaded by Scaly Piscine and his biased, elitist bølløcks

Come on Arsenal is all i can say!
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Part of me wants United to win on the grounds that I can go on about "we took the winners to a replay and were a foot (Taylor's free kick) from beating them".

The other (more dominant) part wants Arsenal to win on the grounds that I hate United.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Breakout Champion!
    I'm undecided as to who I want to win. Manchester United are Northerners and Arsenal are Southerners, which would usually mean me supporting the notherners. However, Manure are the worst sort of northerners you could find - almost as bad as Yorkies (who we all know don't count as northerners, before someone points this out.) It's a fine line. Hard choice...

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    i think many would agree with pickup actually....

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    you shouldn't have asked that. Soon this thread will be invaded by Scaly Piscine and his biased, elitist bølløcks
    What's elitist about saying Arsenal are a load of cheating, crybaby, diving mercenaries who deserve to lose? Also virtually everyone who comments on in this thread will be biased one way or the other.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

virtually....

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    ill watch it but it wont worry me who wins, ill probably go for man u cause i like rooney and giggs and dislike pretty much all of Arsenal's players...

why?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    why?
    why do i like rooney and giggs? cause i just do...
    why do i dislike arsenal? cause i just do...

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    What's elitist about saying Arsenal are a load of cheating, crybaby, diving mercenaries who deserve to lose?
    nah, the elitist bit is just your posts in general. Richard's noticed it, too

And you've just justified what I say about your with that comment about Arsenal. There are many clubs made up almost completely of mercenaries, compared to alot of clubs Arsenal aren't particularly dirty or bad cheaters at all and Arsenal play very good football. All of this you refuse to awknowledge

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    nah, the elitist bit is just your posts in general. Richard's noticed it, too

And you've just justified what I say about your with that comment about Arsenal. There are many clubs made up almost completely of mercenaries, compared to alot of clubs Arsenal aren't particularly dirty or bad cheaters at all and Arsenal play very good football. All of this you refuse to awknowledge
    They play very good football against teams like Norwich, then they play away to Bayern Munich and they can't string 3 passes together - not much use that is it, I don't see Man U being called a very good football side this season for being similarly inept against AC Milan.

The CDMs also go that extra mile compared to other clubs, most clubs at least have the odd home town player with some loyalty there. The best the CDMs can boast (for the time being anyway) is Ashley Cole (beacon of loyalty that he is) - the rest are bought in foreigners, the only other regular (if he wasn't injured so much) English player they have is Sol Campbell. The CDMs as a team have all the spirit and loyalty of a quickly thrown up World XI (albeit not a very good one) in cricket.

As for elitist, anyone who has a bit more ability etc. than most gets branded elitist. The same thing happens in Scrabble, a lot of the lower rater players think the high raters are elitist for talking to people mostly in their same rating bracket (they just happen to play them more often because of he divisions and so know them better, the low raters do the same). I don't particularly care if I am elitist anyway - I certainly don't want to waste my time with idiots like Motson when there millions of other people online I can bother with.

I'm supporting ManUre.

Nah, obviously not, but I have a bad feeling about the game. 2-1 to Moan U is my tip.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    that was my tip as well Brumby, Fletcher and the Horse.

Hoping for 5-0 to Arsenal tho

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information