• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sporting Boasts Thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chris.hinton said:
oh it is mate, but it means nothing really so stop the enviousness
I have ALOT of doubts..... and why would Marc be envious of you because you have a brother who can play cricket? thats the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
GROSS?????????????
haha, yes. The game seemed quite easy for about a month or so - even though I never shot that again. Next time out I had 81 - thinking I'll never shoot that this time around. Then I was 3 under after 5 the time after that and shot 74 :blink: I used to play quite a lot.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
All-rounder of the year for my club
Best bowling of 6/17 (also got an unbeaten 50 that match)
In one game hit 8 4s in a row, then a 2, then 2 more 4s and then....played on going for my fourth consecutive cover drive

Scored 5 goals in my 3rd ever hockey game
Scored a goal in soccer from just in front of halfway

_Ed_

I won a random running race against my drunk friends on New Year's night. I was exceptionally proud.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Mark Billcliff (his brother played for Canada at the World Cup)
His dad was my science teacher at Otago Boys High at my years there and my cricket coach - Ian Billcliff.. he was a very good friend and mentor over all.. and i remember he always made us do our work soon so we could watch test cricket on tv.. or he would set work for the class, so that him and me could be off to the computer room to watch the Developing nations try and grab a spot in the ICC world Cup.. and his son plays for Canada ( had the opportunity to meet him a couple of times too ) and i knew of Cricinfo and he knew how deep i was into cricket.. so we used to follow the live cricket when Canada was playin its games.. haha he went threw all the emotions when his son was batting!

Simon

my cricketing boasts, career best of 115, other high scores of 92, 90 and 87. Once took 6/20 off 7 overs in a 1d games, also made 49 opening the batting in that game.
captained a team to a premiership averaging over 40 with the bat that season and also took 17 wickets.

Played a few seasons of league and union in my younger days, playing rep in both, was always better at league though.

went to the nationals for indoor cricket at under 18 level, got to play against the sri lankan national team, they were pretty good!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
_Ed_ said:
I won a random running race against my drunk friends on New Year's night. I was exceptionally proud.
Didn't you have te advantage of not being drunk?

Was there some form of after race testing?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Didn't you have te advantage of not being drunk?

Was there some form of after race testing?
they would have, but they kept missing the urine cup.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I completed the Taunton 10km road race first time (49 mins) which I was happy with..

Came 170th out of 590 and was the youngest person doing it

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
And what proof do you have?

As for me being envious? Don't think so.
What evidence do you have that I'm related to Bradman? No-one's said anything in relation to that though.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Evidence? Marc

He is jenners Academy and is they only left arm to do so in Europe

its alittle joke we both have so what! marc stop getting upset about it

Last edited:

twctopcat

International Regular
No hole in ones but a couple of eagles on par 4's and an albatross which is rarer than a hole in one, a 220 yd screamer with a 5 wood in the hole :D .