• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst injurie you have suffered playing cricket.

PY

International Coach
:laugh:

In hindsight, that makes me chuckle as much as seeing you bowling legspin in nets.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Casson said:
What happened to the left one? Was he just standing there like "Dude... are you OK?"
no, i’m sure it was silently thinking, ‘phew.’ oh well, i guess we’ve got two of ‘em for a reason.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hmm once in training i got hit on my head we were throwing balls over and 1 dude went into a fight with another guy of my team and he was fking ****ed they were done figthing each other he still was mad..and he threw the ball....but way harder then he normally did..so i got hit on the forhead...which hurted like hel! hmm in a game i tried to sweep the ball but it was a slower ball(still fast)and it hit me in the stomach:P and in training i forgot my box and i told my trainer and he said its your own problem if you get hit in the nuts...my trainer decided to bowl to me....CRACK hit in the nuts..you oke? yeah im fine...next ball of a mate CRACK in the nuts(slow luckly) you oke yah im oke! trainer bowls another ball CRACK in the nuts....Tarick falls to the ground cries out...trainer ask you oke? NO im fking not oke!!!! well i survived and both of em are still working;)

Sudeep

International Captain
I had developed a back trouble a couple of years back, but that wasn't entirely due to cricket, so I wouldn't count that it.

So the worst has to be a fractured finger, when I was 14.

PommieMacGill

State Regular
Voltman said:
Not sure if the injury was related to cricket, but when I was 10, I was bowling and as I bowled my neck stiffened and I fell to the ground. Happened a few more times at the nets over the next couple of years and the physio warned me if it happened again I may be paralysed (note to self: Don't have a hypocondriac as a physio). Luckily it didn't happen again for another couple of years and I'm still bowling as badly as ever...
LOL! Sorry mate, but I just found that really funny. I had the image of you half-way through your run-up and then twitching and groaning and then dropping to the floor. The way you described got me - I was bowling and as I bowled my neck stiffened and I fell to the ground.

Glad to see that you are okay though mate.

Maybe it's just my sense of humour?!

Last edited:

savill

School Boy/Girl Captain
I dislocated my knee playing districts last year. Had to travel 20 miles in a VW Polo to the nearest hospital, with 5 bags of frozen peas strapped to my leg. I had some doctor who couldn't speak English, so he strapped it up and sent me home without knowing what I'd done. After 3 weeks of not being able to walk, when the GP came round, I was sent off for an X-Ray which revealed a dislocation of the knee, partial cartilage damage and suspected ligament damage (thank God it wasn't)

On my medical record, the doctor who saw me in A&E reported it as a 'slight knee sprain' :blink:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Probably my worst injury was when I was playing indoors with a tennis ball.. I bowled at this guy who smacked it straight into my eye, which I lost the sight of temporarily..
My sight is back to 100 percent, but some of my eye muscles have been affected, and I end up wearing sunglasses a lot of the time so I don't go from dark to light rapidly..

I have broken my left thumb four(?) times.. Once each year, with a couple of gaps I guess. I've played in loads of matches in a cast because I am right handed, it's almost normal for me to have something wrong with my thumb!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
PommieMacGill said:
LOL! Sorry mate, but I just found that really funny. I had the image of you half-way through your run-up and then twitching and groaning and then dropping to the floor. The way you described got me - I was bowling and as I bowled my neck stiffened and I fell to the ground.

No worries, pal. I'm sure it looked farily comical to my teammates too. The only downside was it was the start of back problems that put an end to my extremely unpromising rugby career...

:laugh:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
PommieMacGill said:

LOL!! That's the same image I had in my head!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got hit in the mouth with the ball bowling in 5th grade...I think that's the last time I've ever bowled a half volley! haha It was a valuable, but expensive, lesson - costing me two teeth and a broken top jaw at the time. Would have been quite a spectacular caught and bowled though...

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Concussion for me but through sheer dumbness.
It was indoors and I was trying to catch the ball but I didn't realise where the wall was and smacked my head off it running at full pelt.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
The Baconator said:
Concussion for me but through sheer dumbness.
It was indoors and I was trying to catch the ball but I didn't realise where the wall was and smacked my head off it running at full pelt.
whaha, i could imagine so well !

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No-one believes this ever happened except those who saw it and laughed at it (and even then they struggle) but hey here goes;

Once I faced up to an extremely quick bowler named Troy Corbett when he was playing for Adelaide Uni (played for Victoria a few years ago and was one of the more promising lefties around at the time) and he ripped one into me from just on a good length which I inside-edged onto my box (causing much bruising). The ball then rebounded off the box back onto the bat and hit the corner of the shoulder which lept up and smacked me in the teeth (chipping one of them). By then it had lost a lot of momentum but it had enough to rebound off my tooth, hit the bat again and belt me in the eye causing a black eye. I swear this actually happened and so I ended up with three injuries in one go.

The sounds I made went something like this; *hits box* "Ooooo!!!!!" *hits tooth* "Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!" *hits eye* "OWWWWW!!!!!!!"

Oh, did I mention how quick Troy was?!?!? I had a fair idea after that.

Last edited:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Top_Cat said:
No-one believes this ever happened except those who saw it and laughed at it (and even then they struggle) but hey here goes;

Once I faced up to an extremely quick bowler named Troy Corbett when he was playing for Adelaide Uni (played for Victoria a few years ago and was one of the more promising lefties around at the time) and he ripped one into me from just on a good length which I inside-edged onto my box (causing much bruising). The ball then rebounded off the box back onto the bat and hit the corner of the shoulder which lept up and smacked me in the teeth (chipping one of them). By then it had lost a lot of momentum but it had enough to rebound off my tooth, hit the bat again and belt me in the eye causing a black eye. I swear this actually happened and so I ended up with three injuries in one go.

The sounds I made went something like this; *hits box* "Ooooo!!!!!" *hits tooth* "Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!" *hits eye* "OWWWWW!!!!!!!"

Was there a second shooter on the grassy knoll?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top_Cat said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Unlucky!!!

Thats what i call keeping your eye on the ball....sorry :ph34r: