• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah ****. ****. ****. Uber-****s win.

Absolutely dumb penalty to give away, England-esque. Might not have ended up being dangerous but he was trying to spear him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. Have to say fair play to the Taffs. Their jumbo size backs really made the difference.

Best game of the weekend by absolute miles.

ripper868

International Coach
Fmd rugby's so painful to watch these days, it used to be my second-favourite sport. Not sure whether it's because the sport's changed so much since the rule changes or it's just the way I see it that's changed but it feels like penalties and sin-bins don't disincentivise cynically slowing the ball down anywhere near enough.
Watch some Super Rugby/Tri Nations....better yet, Just Youtube the Reds :p

Scaly piscine

Come on even I know that's a red card. If he was anywhere near the ball it would be a red card. That's just even worse, somehow.
Has been banned for the rest of the Six Nations now. Good.

Dan Parks has retired (from internationals) after the game against England. Slightly strange.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
League is just a bunch of fat people running into each other at high speed, it's like a Metallica gig without the band.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did you see North's offload for Davies's second try? Lovely bit of skill. Thought it was a very "league" move. Took about four men out of the game. UToobz.
Just realised how little sense my post made without the word "one" in it..

But anyway; no I hadn't seen that. That whole passage is extremely league-like. The in/out decoy play to create the hole originally is a textbook example of what they call the fruitcake in contemporary league coaching circles and North's offload was straight out of the Jamie Lyon playbook. Very nice.

Scaly piscine

And now we've regressed to ****wit penalty mode. Although that was one hell of a dive there, should play for the football team.

Scaly piscine

Get a big break with the try, grind into a 4 point lead and immediately try to lose the breathing space. What's wrong with them?

It's the same as last week, don't give them anything and you'll almost certainly win.

Scaly piscine

Another hard-fought win it is then. England looked more threatening with the ball in the second half, although they kind of messed up the few good positions they created with Scotland-esque errors. Certainly some signs of improvement anyway, the discipline has only been crap in small patches not the entire game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I tell you what, if it was Owenaro Farelli playing 12 for Italy we'd have lost that. We essentially won because Botes is a comically woeful place kicker.

Dowson isn't international quality. Pains me to say it as a Saints man, but we looked so much better when big Ben Morgan replaced him at #8.

Meanwhile, how ghey was the postponement? Pitch in Paris looked a lot better than the one in Rome.