• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not able to watch much because of work, but it sounds like France have made a strong start to the opening game of the Women's World Cup this afternoon.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Meanwhile, NZ have made a decent comeback from 17-0 to stay in touch at half-time.
Have the Wallaroos ever beaten the Black Ferns?

Feel as if Oz getting up would be a bit of a shock.

Meanwhile I see the Red Roses gave <insert Fijian women's national team nickname here> a bit of a touch up. With 26 wins on the bounce they've got a serious claim on being the best English national team ever.

_Ed_

I think they might be called Fijiana - simple, but effective.

Now 22-17 in NZ's favour! Fantastic turnaround.

_Ed_

I watched the game in a pub in Matamata of all places, and I seemed to be the only one in the whole establishment paying attention to the TV. Everyone else missed out on a highly entertaining match. But I guess it's hard to compete with a cover band that opens with Let the Good Times Roll...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rugby Australia doing their usual stellar marketing job by burying the games on a streaming service

ripper868

International Coach
Women's result in NZ v Aus not unexpected tbh, NZ are professional players, Aus is still amateur in Women's XV rugby. England, NZ and France are the only 3 capable of winning this tbh, it's basically a rugby league world cup but with 3 possible winners instead of 1.6

_Ed_

Looking forward to the three matches in Whangarei on Saturday - Australia v Wales, NZ v Scotland and France v Fiji.

I got our tickets just in the nick of time, with the allocated seating now sold out!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
One notes the Red Roses took the cane out of the cupboard and administered a sound English-style thrashing to the Springbokettes (?!?).

I'm guessing by the scoreline (75-0) union as played by the distaff side of Saffer families doesn't attract quite the same fervour as that played by the spear half does.