• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

23th Match - West Indies v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Still not sure why Mortaza elected to bowl first. Is there anything on the wicket for him and Saifuddin in the first few overs? Otherwise this could get ugly. I'd rather have a 300+ total being defended through Miraz-Shakib spin-choke. That would be difficult for WI in a must-win game in spite of the small ground.
I do not find anything surprising with this decision, WI strength is bowling and may be Mortaza wants to exploit weak/unstable WI batting lineup with his bowlers by using the morning conditions for seam bowling.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would have beat you to it Pews but I replaced the word week with round because i didnt want weldone or friends to say 4 weeks would be too long.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Still not sure why Mortaza elected to bowl first. Is there anything on the wicket for him and Saifuddin in the first few overs? Otherwise this could get ugly. I'd rather have a 300+ total being defended through Miraz-Shakib spin-choke. That would be difficult for WI in a must-win game in spite of the small ground.
Yeah Bangladesh should be batting first every game except against Afghanistan IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would have beat you to it Pews but I replaced the word week with round because i didnt want weldone or friends to say 4 weeks would be too long.
Yeah and if people think it's too many games you could still just have a 4th v 5th playoff and then have regular semis after that - so only one extra game. I love the top five though. I just hate that this tournament is the sort of round robin where it's relevant.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Round 1
Qualification Final: 2nd vs 3rd
Elimination Final: 4th vs 5th
Bye: 1st

Round Two
Major Semi Final: 1st vs Winners of Qualification Final

Minor Semi Final: Losers of Qualification Final vs Winners of Elimination Final

Round Three
Preliminary Final: Losers of Major Semi Final vs Winners of Minor Semi Final
Bye: Winners of Major Semi Final

Round Four
Grand Final: Winners of Major Semi Final vs Winners of Preliminary Final
yes good idea

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah and if people think it's too many games you could still just have a 4th v 5th playoff and then have regular semis after that - so only one extra game.
I don't like that idea. That top 5 payoff structure that you guys explained is way better than having this one more game. World Cup can afford to have 4-5 extra games specially when they're among the top teams and earns you huge tv revenue.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't like that idea. That top 5 payoff structure is way better than having this one more game. World Cup can afford to have 4-5 extra games specially when they're among the top teams and earns you huge tv revenue.
Yeah I totally agree. I was just putting up a proactive defence against anyone who was going to say "no we can't have a top five if it means we have to extend the tournament and play all those extra games". I definitely prefer the top five system I linked but we can have one either way.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Not watching this, but from cricinfo it seems to be really helping the pacers at the start. The toss decision may not be too bad if so.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Shaifuddin has surprised me this tournament.

I didnt mind bahnz idea for a top 6 idea. Its good to reward 1st and 2nd with an automatic semi final birth and it gives more teams a change of progressing for longer. Basically a top 6 would make a game like this one pretty huge.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That old NRL top five system Noofers posted was a beauty.
Take me off ignore ****.

But yeah I love it. I reckon we'd still have it in rugby league but for concern about fans of perennially mediocre teams like the ones we both follow losing hope mid-season and checking out, plus all the extra dead rubbers it'd create that don't sell/rate. The fact that it's not actually a proper home and away draw justifies making it more than five to some degree I suppose.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Remember Holder or Russell will bat at number 8 today. So, Bangladesh can't rest after 1 or 2 wickets. WI aren't done till they are 7 wickets down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's been some proper swing so far. Bangladesh should've picked Jayed if they were expecting this IMO.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There's been some proper swing so far. Bangladesh should've picked Jayed if they were expecting this IMO.
But for who? Miraz is their best bowler, Shakib is their best player - so those two can't be dropped. Mosaddek provides much needed batting cushion.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Remember Holder or Russell will bat at number 8 today. So, Bangladesh can't rest after 1 or 2 wickets. WI aren't done till they are 7 wickets down.
However, the quality of the batting is not really threatening though...