• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

16th Match - Bangladesh v Sri Lanka

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How the hell did England manage to host an Olympics in 2012

Edit: Because that was - a) much shorter, and b) not in ****ing June.

Last edited:

Chipper Roberts

Cricket Spectator
Next rain inspection is at 12:15pm BST. My prediction is rain, and then another inspection scheduled for 2:15pm BST...... and so on.... and so on until 5pm when everyone can pack up and move on to tomorrow's washout.

We just got lucky with the Olympics back in 2012. We're just as likely to get similar weather as this in late July, early August. It is what it is.

mr_mister

Going by google this time, it looks like the rain will go away from 1-4 so there might be some play.

Though I'm just going by the precipitation % not the radar or anything

Chipper Roberts

Cricket Spectator
Yes, my pessimism was getting the better of me. I'm also seeing a slightly less wet period of weather for the rest of the day.

It's possible we may get some actual, traditional ball-on-bat cricket today.

Shri

Mr. Glass
because 49-3 match abandoned is clearly better than match abandoned without a ball being bowled

Starfighter

I'd like to request that a third option of 'Rain' or 'The Weather' or something like that is added to each match poll.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the England cricket team should be deducted a point each time a game is rained out

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Happy with the continued resurgence from SL since the NZ thrashing tbh, claimed all available points I might add

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
So a possible scenario is, one of the weaker teams draw all the matches against the stronger teams courtesy rain and then wins most of their matches against similarly weak teams and then breeze through to semis.

Borges

International Regular
That would make this WC more interesting; certainly more interesting on CricketWeb.
In a badly rain affected game, a weaker team could quite easily win a Duckworth Lewis lottery against a more fancied team.