• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Pakistan win their first ever WC match against India?

Will Pakistan finally record their first WC win against India? - 2019 edition

• Total voters

msaaim89

Cricket Spectator
Worst Pakistan fans ever.
No, they are just realists. Take a look at the batsman (ODI Average in brackets): Mohammed Hafeez (30.9), Younis Khan (31.8), Shahid Afridi (23.5), Umar Akmal (35.9) and Sarfraz Ahmed (25.3). Sohaib Maqsood has only played ODI's and Harris has just 9. I don't see how Junaid Khan and Mohammed Irfan are going to make up for this tripe especially when Wahab will be releasing all the pressure at the other end.

Niall

International Coach
No, they are just realists. Take a look at the batsman (ODI Average in brackets): Mohammed Hafeez (30.9), Younis Khan (31.8), Shahid Afridi (23.5), Umar Akmal (35.9) and Sarfraz Ahmed (25.3). Sohaib Maqsood has only played ODI's and Harris has just 9. I don't see how Junaid Khan and Mohammed Irfan are going to make up for this tripe especially when Wahab will be releasing all the pressure at the other end.
And to make it worse, Hafeez and Younis have done sweet **** all in Australia/ New Zealand. The others are inexperienced and quite erratic especially Umar and Maqsood. Pakistan may have the better all round bowling, but is their not much in it? Shami is a so-so test bowler but very good in ODI cricket while Bhuvi is also excellent in this format.

Niall

International Coach
What is amazing about Pak passion, you only get the wrist slitters or peeps who think Pakistan will never lose a game ever again. No in between at all.

I suppose though if you are from a nation that has to endure Younis Khan for more than 250 ODI games, you'd be pretty screwed in the head though:laugh:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Wahab nearly won the game for Pakistan in last world cup. Haven't been following his career since then, but generally won't discount Pakistan pacers even if they are lacking in experience.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I do love Misbah's stellar work post spot fixing fiasco in 2010 however with his methodical, stable no nonsense approach the biggest causality has been Pakistan odi side which has lost its raw unpredictability. I liked that Moin Khan put his foot down and selected Umer and Sohaib for the world cup as impact players even though Misbah wanted Azhar Ali and Asad since they were more reliable options. Actually I am not very pessimistic about our world cup chances I like some of the wild card selection like Sohaib, Yasir Shah and Ehsan Adil who I feel can all do well in Aus/NZ conditions.

cnerd123

likes this
I do love Misbah's stellar work post spot fixing fiasco in 2010 however with his methodical, stable no nonsense approach the biggest causality has been Pakistan odi side which has lost its raw unpredictability. I liked that Moin Khan put his foot down and selected Umer and Sohaib for the world cup as impact players even though Misbah wanted Azhar Ali and Asad since they were more reliable options. Actually I am not very pessimistic about our world cup chances I like some of the wild card selection like Sohaib, Yasir Shah and Ehsan Adil who I feel can all do well in Aus/NZ conditions.
That's more like it.

Now tell us how you believe Adil will rip through us with a five-fer on debut before Afridi hits the winning runs by bopping Shami back over his head for six.

Xuhaib

International Coach
That's more like it.

Now tell us how you believe Adil will rip through us with a five-fer on debut before Afridi hits the winning runs by bopping Shami back over his head for six.
Adil will rip through India with a five-fer on debut before Afridi hits the winning runs by bopping Shami back over his head for six then he will announce his retirement at the post match ceremony goes on to bitch slap Kohli who starts crying like Sreesanth getting Anushka to realize that Sania was right all along Pakistani men are better then Indian any day she proposes to Afridi they get married the whole media on both sides of the border forgets about the world cup and focuses exclusively on this "Aman Ki Aasha" love angle. They go to Afghanistan for the honeymoon, Anushka returns back to India 6 weeks later clad in a burka as we here the news that 16 yr old Afridi wants to captain Pakistan at the 2019 World Cup.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
World Cup: Here's why the Indo-Pak tie in Adelaide will keep fans 'secular' - Hindustan Times

The World Cup's biggest game will have an 85-point "code of conduct" for spectators - one that specifically bars religious messages - at the Adelaide Oval when defending champions India play Pakistan on February 15.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has banned posters or banners with political or religious messages in the stadium for the Group B clash. These are among a long list, perhaps the longest ever in the game, of dos and don'ts that the organisers have drawn up for the fans to avoid trouble.
If this thread is anything to go by, Indian fans will have to split themselves in two camps and bash each other at Adelaide Oval.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lets invade PakPassion if India wins and IndiaCricketFans if Pak wins.
Can't invade PakPassion with usual trolling. Their normal is a level above our trolls. Would have to go in with a massive Victorian Politeness stratagem. Would throw them off their game.

Bouncer

State Regular
The big difference that I see in upcoming game and past games is that most of previous games were knockout games except 92,99. In those tournaments Pak-Ind hype was all over in the team's mind that stress and combined that with pressure of being in knockout game impacted the players and once india looked at top while batting they (Pakistani players) almost didnt even try to win.

This time around the game is the first game for both teams and Pak is going to be (mentally) fresher while compared to India as India would be almost in 12th week of their tour and not as fresh as Pak. So that is going to be in Pak favor. So I am hoping that Pak might be able to upset the indians on 2/15