Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 53 of 172 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: CricketWeb Tennis - Season I

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Mustard looking for a good performance in Madrid, then a rest before the French.
    Last edited by Mister Wright; 13-02-2009 at 06:30 PM.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar

ATP Masters Series Madrid; Tretorn Serie+ Lugano (Qualification) - May 11-17 Season I

Mutua Madrilena Masters Madrid
    Qualifiers - Madrid

Draw

Roy Daniels has again missed out on qualification for a Masters Series event after a straight sets loss in his qualifying final to second seed JŠnos Varga. Despite a confidence-boosting 4-6, 6-2, 61 victory over Dimitris Chasiotis in the first round, Daniels looked sorely out of his depth as he continued his battle with the clay surface. Seeded eighth, the CWLander dropped service in the first game and never recovered as he was bagelled by the world number 51. He did, however, manage to save some face by pushing Varga deep into a second set before falling 6-0, 7-5.

Qualifiers: Matthew Tobin (AUS); 2-JŠnos Varga (HUN); 3-Pascal Schmidt (SUI); 12-Yves Parmentier (BEL); 11-Heinz Hainisch (AUT); Viktor Vuriak (UKR); 7-Josť Navarro (PER).
    Wildcards: Paolo Mandonna (ARG); Mark Harmel (BEL); Fernando Aguero (ESP); Javier Villaneuva (ESP).

BSI Lugano Challenger
    Qualifiers - Lugano

Draw

Controversial CWLand figure Lawrence Trumper-Smith has failed to continue a run of tight victories as he fell in the third qualifying final against seventh seeded Italian Guilliano Soave. The high-profile CWLander came into the qualifier for the Tretorn Serie+ event in Switzerland with high hopes, and recovered from a set down in his round match against Sergey Malachenko to advance. The hard-fought 6-7(8), 7-5, 6-1 victory was capitalised on in the second round by the wealthy player as he knocked off third seed Wouter Veidman 7-5, 7-6(0) and looked like making a surprise appearance in the main draw. But the steady Italian, Soave, ensured that would not be the case as he played the world number 292 off the court en route to a 6-2, 6-4 victory.

Whilst Scotland Rivers managed to post a victory against Spaniard Eugenio Galindo in the first round, he was unable to really test second seed Thomas Velten in the second round. The CWLander impressed in his 6-4, 6-4 victory over Galindo, but stuttered early against world number 235 Velten. The Dutch 34-year old proved he had just too much experience for the young Rivers as he dictated play throughout the majority of the match. Whilst Rivers showed some flashes of the skill that prompted the nation of CWLand to woo him from Hong Kong, the 22-year old couldn't avoid the inevitable 7-5, 6-3 loss.

Qualifiers: 1-Anton Gritsjuk (EST); Henri Ducard (FRA); 7-Guilliano Soave (ITA); Tomislav Kurtovic (CRO)
    Wildcards: Christophe Haase (SUI); Benjamin Hartmann (SUI); Christian Bruns (SUI); Alex Karlen (SUI).
    Last edited by SirBloody Idiot; 13-02-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Wanted Read for Madrid, cheers.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Draws

BSI Lugano Challenger
    Main Draw

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    I see I'm seeded #1 for Lugano. I certainly don't rate myself as #1 seed; given my atrocious clay form. I just need to get a few wins under the belt.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    Noice, will be disappointed if I can't make it to the quarters at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Burger Time Champion!
    Mustard would expect to get past a WC in the first round, but a possible meeting with the 11th seed might not be so easy.

Maxum-Korpinen epic to be played. At least one of us will get a win.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

cpr
    Hmm, failed to make the main draw, which is a shame, as I only had time to smuggle £14m worth of illicit gains into my Swiss bank account
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Would be hoping/expecting for a Third Round/Quarters effort, but one match at a time.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Have a tough draw there.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Maxum-Korpinen epic to be played. At least one of us will get a win.
    Ind33d, someone's breaking the duck, best of luck to Krapinen
    Parmi

ATP Masters Series Madrid; Tretorn Serie+ Lugano (R56/R32) - May 11-17 Season I

Round of 56 - Madrid

Seeds
    Draw - Section One
    Draw - Section Two
    Draw - Section Three
    Draw - Section Four

In a round full of upsets, CWLand remained largely unaffected as five of the six competitors made it through the first round at the ATP Masters Series Madrid. Leading the charge was ninth seed Sven Oxenstierna who managed to shrug off some recent poor form with a straight set win over Croatia's Nilikar Midid. Oxenstierna, who suffered a third round exit in Rome, looked to have found his form again as he stayed in the rallies with the powerful Midid and forced him to play one too many shots on more than one occasion. The 6-2, 6-3 victory was The Ox's most convincing in recent times; the world number nine dropping service just once in the match. In the same half of the draw, CWLanders Brett Read and Randy Smeltz will meet in the second round after they took unconvincing first round wins. The consistent Smeltz upset 13th seed Davis Kennedy in three sets - the Canadian struggling to really impose himself on the match as Smeltz robbed him of his best tennis with a 7-5, 1-6, 7-6(4) victory. Read, however, was forced to come from a set down to defeat qualifier Heinz Hainisch. The Austrian took the first set 7-5, before capitulating completely against a re-energised Read who coasted to a 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 win. Incidentally, Smeltz and Read met in the third round just a fortnight ago in Rome; Read winning that clash 6-3, 7-6(5).

14th seed Jefferson Drake has escaped from his first round clash against Italy's Antonio Bachunelli with a 6-1, 2-6, 6-4 victory. Despite a dominant first set, Drake looked on the cusp of a first round exit after he was smashed in the second set by a determined Italian. But Drake found his touch again to set up a second round clash with Hayden Onwye thanks to an early break in the decider. Jamee Hancianu was very impressive in his straight sets thrashing of fifteenth seed David Champion. Champion has impressed few with his poor clay court season, and was again given an absolute hiding as he fell in just over an hour. The talented Hancianu had little trouble in dispatching the Aussie 6-2 6-1, but will have a much tougher task in the second round against local hope Sergio Joaquin.

Unfortunately for Jojo Mustard, his Roland Garros preparations took a hit as he fell to Belgian wildcard Mark Harmel in straight sets. Mustard, whose form on clay this season has surprised many pundits, struggled to dictate play against the always eager Harmel who ensured that the CWLander wouldn't take any easy points. After coasting through the first set tiebreaker, Harmel rarely looked troubled as Mustard suffered from a lack of confidence as the Belgian sealed a 7-6(1), 6-3 victory.

Seeds Out: 10-Rasmus Olesen (DEN); 11-Tiago Matias (POR); 13-Davis Kennedy (CAN); 15-David Champion (AUS); 16-Carlo Amato (ITA).

BSI Lugano Challenger
    Round of 32 - Lugano

Draw

Top seed Heath Davis has headlined the CWLand contingent to make it past the round of 32 in the BSI Lugano Challenger event in Lugano, Switzerland. Despite having earned direct qualification to Madrid, Davis chose to improve his form against lesser competition and started brightly with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over world number 311 Henri Ducard. Davis didn't need to get out of first gear, and, despite having a noted dislike for the clay courts, romped to victory against an overmatched Ducard. On the other side of the draw, second seed Rob Bowenburg also started well with a straight sets mauling of Georgian Merab Shvelidze. His convincing 6-1, 6-3 win sets up an interesting second round clash with explosive CWLander Alex de Wet. Zimbabwean-born, de Wet's temper stayed in check as he dealt out a heavy loss to Estonian qualifier Anton Gritsjuk to advance to a tough second round clash 6-2, 6-0.

Elsewhere, it was Martti Korpinen who got the better of compatriot Jarkko Maxum. In an entertaining encounter on one of the outer courts, the talented Maxum took the first set thanks to a late break of service. However it was the opposite story in the second set as the more experienced Korpinen got the all-important break in the first game of the set to get the early jump on Jarko. Outside of those two breaks of service, both men managed to dictate play on their own service and it seemed only fair that the match go to a deciding tiebreaker. In the match of the tournament so far, Korpinen edged out his compatriot 4-6, 6-4, 7-6(6); the pair embracing following a tough contest.

It was a less happy occasion for Spas Delev as the fifth seed bombed out in straight sets to world number 151 JiřŪ Gross. Just a week after making the second round of the BMW Open in Munich, Delev held high hopes of going late into the tournament in Lugano. It wasn't to be, though, as his Croatian opponent came out of the blocks like a raging bull to race to first set honours. Whilst Mustard stuck close to his opponent in the second, he was again foiled by a late break of service as Gross set up a clash with big-serving Latvian Ivars Emsis in the second round 6-2, 7-5.

Seeds Out: 5-Spas Delev (CWL).

Burger Time Champion!
    Shocking performance from Mustard. Has a habit of dropping the 2nd set, but usually triumphs in first set tiebreakers. Mustard may struggle in the first round of the French now, and will most likely draw a seed. He wishes his best to his compatriots for the remainder of the the tournament.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Feels good to finally get a win on clay - even if the opponent was weak. Still expect to be bailed out of the tournament early, but should learn a thing or two by winning on the surface.

And what a match between Korpinen and Maxum. Worth the admission money, I suspect.

Thread Information