• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forumer World Cup - Information and Discussion

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I was joking there. I would be happy to sit on the bench or play for one of my alternates (WI, Australia) if need be. :p Especially if participation would involve heavy involvement, you'd probably be better off without me.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Drop Teja TBH. :ph34r: 17 is too young to play a World Cup IMO.
This is the year 1989. The occasion is the selection committee meeting of The Indian cricket team. vcs is the ageing Mohinder Amarnath and I'm the young and unproven Sachin Tendulkar.

udecide, folks. :p

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This is the year 1989. The occasion is the selection committee meeting of The Indian cricket team. vcs is the ageing Mohinder Amarnath and I'm the young and unproven Sachin Tendulkar.

udecide, folks. :p

Undecided.:p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well we have exactly enough players (officially anyway; there are a couple who registered their interest but haven't filled out a form yet) to fill four complete teams so far. In a dream world we'd fill all 14, but realistically I know we're not going to be able to, and that we'll need to use some fillers for the less popular nations. Probably would've wanted to be a little further ahead by this point but it's not bad so far as long as people keep joining closer to the World Cup.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. marc71178
2. Neil Pickup +
3. Eds (6)
6. GIMH (6)
7. Boy Brumby (3)
8. GingerFurball (5)
9. Marcuss (4)
11. Howe_zat (1)

Opening bowler and 2 batsmen are required

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm in. And I've brought my keeping gloves.

1 Prince EWS
2 Ausage +
3 morgieb
4 Spark
8 Clapo
9 Nnanden
10 andyc
11 Noble One

Looks like we could use a few middle order bats. Assuming we can get 10 overs out of PEWS and morgieb which means we can have a genuine bat at 7.

Is it a bit of a problem that we have 2 "defensive" batsmen at the top of the order? 2x Clarke at the crease would be excruciating IRL.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm in. And I've brought my keeping gloves.

1 Prince EWS
2 Ausage +
3 morgieb
4 Spark
8 Clapo
9 Nnanden
10 andyc
11 Noble One

Looks like we could use a few middle order bats. Assuming we can get 10 overs out of PEWS and morgieb which means we can have a genuine bat at 7.

Is it a bit of a problem that we have 2 "defensive" batsmen at the top of the order? 2x Clarke at the crease would be excruciating IRL.
I'm actually primarily a bowler despite being an opener. I might end up at seven or eight myself given I only have 40 batting points, although my activity could prop that up depending on how I do it.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
We'll win the tourney wihtout a middle order tbh.

EDIT: Also Ausage, I like you. You're cool.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And weldone, I am the Dinesh Karthik to Teja's Parthiv Patel.. :p

Seriously though, if realism is not so important, I am willing to change my sign up too... :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it'd be dire if all the teams were perfectly balanced. Having variety in the makup of teams will make it more interesting IMO. A team with three wicket keepers FTW. :p

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Liking the Australian side. Australia has had a traditional strength at number three. Names like Bradman and Ponting. Not sure if this rich history will continue with the might of morgieb the next name on the list.

biased indian

International Coach
I think it'd be dire if all the teams were perfectly balanced. Having variety in the makup of teams will make it more interesting IMO. A team with three wicket keepers FTW. :p
i think we once fielded a team with dravid,karthik and dhoni.... so we are used to it :)