• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc 4?

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
I am downloading the International Cricket Captain 2008 free trial at the moment. Is it a good game? Is it worth playing? Can someone please explain how it works?
You are an international cricket captain. You captain international cricketers playing international cricket internationally. Non-international county cricket which is not international you can play before you start your international cricket captain career. International.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Interesting experience last night.
Played two online games for a bit of fun. The first bloke Im playing seems like a good fella, he's played a few online games before, and Im telling him how impressed I've been with 2008 thus far, which turns out to be a good turn because its Chris-bloody-Childs.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Interesting experience last night.
Played two online games for a bit of fun. The first bloke Im playing seems like a good fella, he's played a few online games before, and Im telling him how impressed I've been with 2008 thus far, which turns out to be a good turn because its Chris-bloody-Childs.
Ask Chris-bloody-Childs WHY I CAN ONLY HAVE ONE SQUAD FOR THE ASHES AND THE WORLD CUP

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
so..everyones opinion is?.....worth getting even if you have ICC3? and If so, what are the main improvements?

finney999

Cricket Spectator
Technical Help Required

The graphics card I have is a nvidia geforce 440 go 64m.

I ran the directx diagnostic tool to make sure ICC 2008 would work on my laptop. Under the system tab it tells me I have directx version 9.0c but under the display tab it says DDI version unknown so I can't tell if my graphics card supports directx9 or not.

So I decided to just try the demo and see if it worked and it didn't. I can't remember the exact wording of the message, think it said it can't find something or other, so it doesn't sound like the graphics card supports it at the moment.

So I had a search round the internet for people who have had a similar problem with various other games to see if anything could be done and I'm seeing conflicting opinions. Some people seem to think that if you update to the latest drivers then the graphics card will support directx 9, whilst others are saying that the card is only compatible up to directx 7 or 8 regardless of what you do.

Now the obvious way to find out who is right is to download the latest drivers and run the directx diagnostic tool again to see what it then says about the DDI version but I cannot for the life of me find anywhere to download the latest drivers for my graphics card.

I did manage to download some programme that claims to tell you the latest driver available for your card and it's telling me I want version 7.7.7.0 but I cannot find anywhere to download it.

I've found a few places that claim to be offering a link to downloading it but rather than linking to a page for downloading that specific driver the link is always to nvidia's general page for downloading all types of driver from where you have to search for the one you want and mine isn't one of the options!

Can anybody help? I'm really desperate to start playing ICC 2008 so any help will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks in advanace.

cpr

International Coach
given its a go card, guessing its a laptop, from what i've read a website called laptop2go is good to check, will scan the laptop and find the drivers you need, big list of drivers on there to search through n all

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
For some reason I've found this version to be much more enjoyable than ICC's 3 & 2006. Haven't gotten into an ICC this much since 2005 with my Bangladesh & Yorkshire teams.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
seen a lot more sixes aswell...my kent FC team just hit 6 sixes in an innings....

and spin bowlers dominate less and pace bowlers can actually turn out to be decent.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Received my copy of ICC a couple of days ago, just wanted to try things out before I made any conclusions about the new game.

So, there are definite improvements from ICC 3, for me anyway those include:
- More 6s (could be even more but at least its a start)
- More players for smaller countries like New Zealand
- Much quicker gameplay, unlike the static gameplay on ICC 3 at times
- Youth players are given to county sides to trial with a month or so to go in the season, being free of charge at this stage, and then when contracts come around, you get the chance to sign them after at least giving the players a chance to prove themselves

In saying that, some things still have not been implemented, like:
- Duckworth/Lewis, and no rain affected OD or ODI matches
- No T20 World Cup
- No Chappell-Hadlee Series (from a New Zealand perspective)

And there are also the annoying errors, e.g.:
- Mills a RM and Styris a RFM
- Langer, Craig McMillan, Andre Adams, Bond, Vincent available for international selection amongst others
- Manjural Islam (now as M.Islam) appears to still be on the game, unless theres another M.Islam with the same handedness and bowling style?
- Albie Morkel defensive

Some players are also much better than they are in real life, Brendan Hiini and Jesse Ryder for instance are top allrounders and they've dominated the England vs NZ series from observing the scorecards of that tour whilst playing as a county team. Mahendra Singh Dhoni is replaced with Parthiv Patel straight away in the Indian team, and Shantry (England), Siddle (Australia) and a host of top Indian bowlers are proving match winners a few years into the game. Rashid is still a star, though is rated an allrounder and plays a much bigger role with the bat than in previous versions.

All in all though, I'm actually really enjoying the new version, trying to develop a team to play online which is going reasonably well at the moment. Have a heap of spinners (Munday, Rashid, Saqlain Mushtaq and Murtaza Hussain - who are actually English players now), along with a mix of young and experienced batsmen. :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Rashid is good for you? He can bat okay for me, but bowls really poorly. Often gets outperformed by Rudolph.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
His batting is definitely better than his bowling, but in one day matches, hes been pretty effective with the ball. In saying that, at home, I've set the pitch to favouring spin bowlers, and by the time he comes on after Munday and Saqlain, hes often got the job of cleaning up the tail.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Amen, brother.
We'll have to get some ICC 2008 online happening sometime next week.
Just wondering if theres enough interest for a CW ICC tournament of some description, if people haven't developed their sides then maybe a tournamant where only first day sides can be used (i.e.first youth contracts and thats all)?

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Just wondering if theres enough interest for a CW ICC tournament of some description, if people haven't developed their sides then maybe a tournamant where only first day sides can be used (i.e.first youth contracts and thats all)?
I'd be more than willing.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
I'd be up for whether it be developed sides or not

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
I have now got my copy.........hope it will be a good experience for next 1 year......
(If I don't switch to ICC2002 again - as always)

Jakester1288

International Regular
Hey guys,

Is it possible to download any version of ICC for free to keep? I am looking everywhere and I download it on free two day trials. Can I get it for longer for free?

Thanks,

Jake.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey guys,

Is it possible to download any version of ICC for free to keep? I am looking everywhere and I download it on free two day trials. Can I get it for longer for free?

Thanks,

Jake.
Umm no because that would be stealing...:mellow:

If you're that keen to get the game just buy it, lol.