• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's tallest/shortest cricketers

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Phil Alley, the former NSW pacer, was 6' 8" - 10"

Whenever I faced him, it felt like he was bowling off about 14 yards

Could've been high quality but back injuries crippled him

I also played against an Indian test opener from the 80s who was tiny (like 5' at most) but cant remember his name. It felt like bowling uphill as you virtually had to bowl a yorker to get him to play forward

Best "tall" batsman must've been Greg Chappell - well over 6 feet so was great on front foot but also hooked like a demon. In short, a bowler's nightmare
A former coach of mine, and Australian academy inductee with McGrath, Ponting, etc. used to say he love playing against big Phil.

Could send them down, but he used to get stuck into him while Alley was bowling and he was batting, and he'd blow his top and try and bowl as fast as he could to knock off blocks. This guy was a super puller and hooker, and ended up getting runs against him a fair bit.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Young Steven Finn would be up there (see what I did there? :ph34r:) with Tahnny now.
I think he's an inch or two taller than Greig at 6'7"

&, dunno how tall he is (or isn't, rather) but James Taylor looks a proper short arse at the crease. Old man was a jockey, apparently, so doesn't have tall genes.
I read somewhere that he was five foot nothing. Someone on Twitter yesterday was tweeting from the Leicestershire/Northants game and describing him as a 'womble'!

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nuwan Zoysa is pretty tall, 6ft6 or 7 IIRC.

What about Jason Holder from Barbados? Looks over 6ft5 to me.

Last edited: