• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Xuhaib

International Coach
16??

Afridi is listed as 19 but looks older

Good young bowlers but really?
I gym with a first class cricketer regarding age fudging he says majority pakistan cricketers around 80-90 % are 2 years older then their listed age and in some cases they could be one or three years older this is done by mostly club owners when they register their talent with PCB they do this age manipulation to give the boy the maximum chance to get in the U 19 teams as the strength of the club is usually seen with how many regional or national U 19 talent they produce. Both Shaheen and Naseem would be in 20-22 and 17-19 range with 21 and 18 being the most likely number.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It has been a problem in India's youth cricket setup as well and I believe some guys have been banned for fudging their age. There was a cricinfo article where Dravid complained about it.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Two day warm up game coming up this afternoon, here's the squad

Jake Doran (Tas, c & wk)
Jake Carder (WA)
Jayden Goodwin (WA)
Matt Spoors (WA)
Jonathan Merlo (Vic)
Brad Hope (WA)
Daniel Drew (SA)
Tim Oakley (SA)
David Grant (SA)
Mitch Perry (Vic)
Lloyd Pope (SA)
Tom O’Connell (Vic)

thierry henry

International Coach
Just on the age thing, were there ever serious question marks on Amir's age? For some reason he mostly seems to have escaped scrutiny.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just on the age thing, were there ever serious question marks on Amir's age? For some reason he mostly seems to have escaped scrutiny.
Is it because he was "young and innocent" when caught spot fixing? Doesn't really fit that narrative if turns out he was also 23, not 17.

Kirkut

International Regular
Is it just me or do others too find Naseem Shah's action resembling Lillee? Hope he enjoys his bowling without letting stats bogging him down.

the big bambino

International Captain
You’d think Abbas and shaheen are definite starters. Just don’t know how Pakistan are going to call it - MI Khans form or Naseems potential. Thinking they’ll go the latter.

Kirkut

International Regular

I was wondering who's action his resembles but I couldn't make the connection. But yes, i also feel his action resembles Lillee's a bit.

There is Shane Bond comparison but the difference is that Bond would raise his non bowling arm in the air like Ntini before delivering a ball and Naseem Shah doesn't.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If he ever said that, he would deserve at least a 5 match ban. For one its blatantly false.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I think many in cricket haven't fully realised how strict the new behavioural standards are. For example, if Warner was to get cited for dissent like Smith was in the Shield match because his SA points are still outstanding I reckon he'd miss a Test, possibly more.

Gob

International Coach
Soo

Warner
Burns
Labuschange
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Think I can go down with that. Not as happily as I would on my crush if a chance was offered but nevertheless it's ok. Still not convinced Burns as an opener but he is better than Bangers for sho