• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019/20 New Zealand First-Class Season Draft (Division 1)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This whole season I'm going to wonder if I picked Devon Con Weigh everytime I look at a scorecard. It's hard to really explain how annoyed I am that I didn't get him.
You even had the CPL secrets on this one. Dire that you didn't get him.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Thought I'd post this here since we're using this thread for all updates.

So far this round I think these guys are playing:

1. G Hay - playing
2. T Latham - playing

3. D Brownlie - not playing
4. G Philips - ???rain
5. N Kelly - ???rain
6. K Noema-Barnett - not playing
7. B Horne+ - ???rain
8. N Wagner - playing
9. I Sodhi - not playing
10. M Bacon - ???rain
11. H Bennett - not playing

12. G Worker - playing
13. M Craig - ???rain
14. C Cachopa - not playing

vandem

International 12th Man
Thanks Kippax.

Should M Bracewell count for me? 2 injuries in top XI.

Tom Bruce played (Gatekeepers), 71 + 60 runs. Not injured.

vandem

International 12th Man
injury watch round 3
Young (shoulder, cdcricket.co.nz)
D Bracewell (knee, cdcricket.co.nz)
Small (knee, cdcricket.co.nz)
Noema-Barnett (unknown)
Bennett (unknown, cricketwellington.co.nz)
Newton (unknown, cricketwellington.co.nz)
Hawkins (broken finger, otagocricket.co.nz)
Craig (unknown, otagocricket.co.nz)
Broom (unknown, otagocricket.co.nz)
Williamson (hip, espncricinfo)

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Last round was terrible for players missing (inc one game rained off and NZ T20 players missing) - this one is looking better so far.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Thinking about doing a partial square up for exclusively Auckland and Otago players in this three-dayer vs. England starting next Friday. Sort of torn on it. Surprisingly (although perhaps not, considering the ECB demanded a very scrupulous two T20 warm-ups), it will be an official first-class match.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I think it should count in full since it is a first class game but the two day game shouldn't count

vandem

International 12th Man
Thinking about doing a partial square up for exclusively Auckland and Otago players in this three-dayer vs. England starting next Friday. Sort of torn on it. Surprisingly (although perhaps not, considering the ECB demanded a very scrupulous two T20 warm-ups), it will be an official first-class match.
Yes. If NZ A vs Ind A counts, then so should NZ A vs Eng if the game is first class, not some 13 players 11 bat game.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Another round where two of my players were out injured, with only one replacement player actually playing. booooo

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
You have to wonder what's going on in the Plunket Shield these days when one of the great points hauls in domestic draft history is recorded by the 13th man for the Feral Cats!

South Africans are rising up and only the frequently concussed Chad Bowes might be left behind, that seems to be the gist of it. It felt like a bit of a distracted tallying effort by me today, probably some errors. By all means get into the sheet with a 'many hands make light work' type of approach.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qny5oSOl2tqmzqrUdHS8_jyDARPoz0CaHHwulwLhSqI/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Spuderford, Chapman and Nuttall not working out so well for me, and neither is losing players to the NZ T20 side though that will get better.

Think I picked Nofal for the goats and Rippon for the cats so will claim those :ph34r:.

vandem

International 12th Man
...It felt like a bit of a distracted tallying effort by me today, probably some errors. By all means get into the sheet with a 'many hands make light work' type of approach.
I don't mind doing some numbers.

Edit, have made some minor adjustments, but I am only looking at players who are in a div B team. No catching points for Renwick, as Fletcher is a non-test keeper, correct?

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
i like the the 3 most frequently strongly opinioned in athlai, howsie and myself are getting destroyed by kippax and chewie