• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
No sympathy for Root; he already had had his fair share of luck for one innings. Played an airy-fairy shot to the second ball that he faced, and was quite lucky that it didn't carry.
I don't get the argument "there shouldn't be variable bounce in the pitch on day 1".. Is it OK for batsmen to get injured on day 4 or day 5 then?

I honestly don't think this pitch has been particularly bad. Jo'burg last year against India was much worse.
Even seam on the first day can be grounds for a poor pitch

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Essentially, if Holder gets away here, Eng are looking at yet another sub-hundred capitulation on this wicket. What a grim tour.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Essentially, if Holder gets away here, Eng are looking at yet another sub-hundred capitulation on this wicket. What a grim tour.
One of the worst I can remember; they've been completely outplayed by the number 8 team in the world. Maybe it will knock the arrogance out of some of them, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Groundking

International Debutant
We've been useless with the bat and bowled a load of **** this series. The only new ball we've done well with is the one Jimmy get his five for with, the rest have been wasted and the less said about the catching the better.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That was a magnificent effort, I didn't know they had that sort of bravery and application in them. Very proud of this team tonight.

Fingers crossed they add another 30 runs or so tomorrow and really put the pressure on.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
What have the West Indies done differently from other teams that the English lower order hasn't come good yet? Are their bowlers simply better at cowing batsmen? Gabriel and co. certainly bowl "heavier" short stuff.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wickets have been very lively and Gabriel’s put the frighteners on a few of the batsman, particularly the lower order. I know it’s only Anderson but you rarely see him do what he did in the 1st innings against any quick.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
That was a magnificent effort, I didn't know they had that sort of bravery and application in them. Very proud of this team tonight.

Fingers crossed they add another 30 runs or so tomorrow and really put the pressure on.
Lead as it is usually accounts for half the England side, and if Bravo and Holder are still there after an hour today, you start to think that the Windies could win this by an innings. Broad’s already talking about needing a hero with the bat and they want to be bowling on day four, so it doesn’t seem like he thinks they will be batting for too long second time around.

Borges

International Regular
England can still win this test. Keep the lead to within 120 runs or so, put up 270 in the second outing, and see what the West Indies can do, batting last.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Really impressed with the application the Windies bats showed; I think that's their biggest advantage over England who have dangerous batsmen to spare but almost seem to think stonewalling in difficult conditions is an admittance of failure.

How much the Windies have missed Bravo also on display today; class refinance through good technique which showed you can bat time and help the Windies in a very strong position.

Can't really see England getting out of this one; dont think they have the right batting mentality for these conditions and counterattacking will be very high risk. Really could've done with an Alistair Cook in peak form for this innings.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI have to stretch the lead to around 150 or so to really pile the pressure on England, right now, they're just about still in it as a result of not having to bat last.

Cow

Banned
England can still win this test. Keep the lead to within 120 runs or so, put up 270 in the second outing, and see what the West Indies can do, batting last.
Naaa. Second Root is out it's over... If they hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

I suspect that England would gladly take the last four wickets only adding another 30 runs today.