• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Groundking

International Debutant
Imagine how miserable Jimmy wound have been if he ****ed that catch up :laugh:

If we can keep them under 250 we'll have done well considering how well their openers did. We'll be in with a chance too, wouldn't fancy batting last on this.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great catch.. crucial breakthrough for England, but not a good shot from Hetmyer to say the least, given the circumstances.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
New ball or bust for England. I wonder if these two will push on over the next few overs before the old ball is binned.

vcs

I don't get the argument "there shouldn't be variable bounce in the pitch on day 1".. Is it OK for batsmen to get injured on day 4 or day 5 then?

I honestly don't think this pitch has been particularly bad. Jo'burg last year against India was much worse.

hazsa19

International Regular
Although this is one of the more frustrating days of cricket I can recall, you have to say WI have been great. With the exact same bowling there is no way our batsmen would still be there toughing it out.

Cow

Banned
CowRich could have been out about 10 times. Looks as of he's playing with a bat one onch wide. Plays and misses more than 2006 Mike Hussey.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Although this is one of the more frustrating days of cricket I can recall, you have to say WI have been great. With the exact same bowling there is no way our batsmen would still be there toughing it out.
Yup. One of these teams actually thinks about their batting. tbh nothing's happened to change my view that this game was effectively decided when we failed to take a clutch of wickets with the first new ball. Even allowing for occasional bad luck, we've been playing catch-up since the 20th over of this innings. And the likeliest outcome now is an innings defeat; our bowlers are looking decreasingly like taking wickets, and we know how dangerous the lower middle order is. Follow that with a bunch of guys bowling something for than FM on this pitch, and this is all going to get pretty ugly.

Last edited:

Burgey

The grand idea is that making Anderson look worse than he is would somehow make McGrath look better than he was. This is standard CricketWeb stuff.
This is a dumb comment because it’s not possible for anyone to be better than McGrath actually was.