• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

Borges

International Regular
This Roston Chase is making me eat humble pie. I should have known; if ATVG Moeen Ali can pick up a few wickets, why can't Roston Chase?

Borges

International Regular
Right, Roston Chase gets another. Now for the battle of the spin kings: Roston Chase vs. Moeen Ali.

Woodster

International Captain
A number of batsmen have got in, then been dismissed by seemingly innocuous deliveries, whether that’s a lack of concentration or the set-up beforehand, I’m not sure. This game had gone pretty much before we’d gone out to bat and while they have tried to get the necessary intensity into their batting it just looks a little lacking in concentration due to the fact they know this game has gone. That’s not an excuse, fare from it, they had a lot to prove as individuals in this second innings but no one, perhaps barring Burns, has stood up.

Disappointing dismissals on a pitch that is neither turning nor seaming, it’s very poor that we find ourselves at 217-6 on a really flat one.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Root mentally doesn't seem to be good enough to be a top quality batsman currently. Too much risk involved in his innings for a top class bat.

Stokes bowled more in this game than Kallis ever did in a game. Can't believe there are many top 5 bats who have bowled pace and bowled 50+ overs in a match. Doesn't sit right that you have Buttler below him, Rashid at 10 barely bowling and Foakes at 8. We said it in SL but Foakes getting demoted to 8 (with Ali at 7) makes no sense with the form of Ali. Stokes not batting particularly well whatever way you look at it but having bowled 50 overs in 3 days of the game it's no surprise he isn't excelling.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Lloyd is being harsh on Chase there, he's bowled well and deserved his rewards. Don't have to turn it as much as Murali to be a competent spinner.

hazsa19

International Regular
Well played WI n all but, I’m sorry this has been up there with one of the more pitiful batting displays I’ve seen from my side in 20+ years of watching England flounder overseas.