• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018/19

Days of Grace

International Captain
Yeah, predicting this to be a hard slog to get 10 wickets but we’ll pick them up eventually. Be nice to get a couple with the new ball.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll be optimistic and say three wickets, two of which will be incredibly stupid.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
We've made quite a few big totals at the Basin in recent years, including a couple of other 500+ scores iirc.

edit: 4 down at stumps please.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Boult to get a haul. The rivalry between him and Southee to get wickets will compel him. Just like Kane will be determined to reclaim a higher score than Latham in the 2nd test which will see him get a triple :sleep:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wowsers, fair play to Latham, carrying your bat for a score that big is some major effort.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo says Gunathilaka closed the face on another straight one, clearly didn't learn from his first innings. Gotta play straight.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
What's the highest individual score in a test win?

Laxman 280 odd?

Any triple ever won a test?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Laxman 280 odd?

I know Australia won when Hayden hit 380, so that's very likely the highest. I can think of a bunch of winning triples too - Azhar and Karun really recently; Clarke against India; Amla against England; Jayawardene against South Africa. And that's just since I've started watching. Not that rare.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Hayden's 380 must be the highest score in a test with a decisive result. Granted, it was Zimbabwe, but it's still test cricket.

Moss

Laxman 280 odd?

Also a certain 329 at Lahore in 2002, just to remind ourselves what Pakistan vs New Zealand contests used to be like.

Moss

Top effort from Latham. Like a lot of others here I've been disappointed with his efforts in the last 2 years or so, full credit where due. Was expecting him to fill his boots but looks like he overcame his single biggest weakness, concentration, for that innings. Really hope it's a breakthrough for him, too capable a player to be averaging 35 in tests.