• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alpha males who are relatively short :

Viv Richards
Richie Benaud
Virat Kohli
Real AB
Murali

Beta Males who are tall

Tom Moody
Nilesh Kulkarni
Graeme Hick
Mohammad Irfan
Peter Fulton

How on Dog's earth could anyone regard Murali as Alpha? Top of the pops as a bowler, yes. Alpha? No.

Burgey

think we are gonna miss Pandya here, team balance always looks a bit ****ed without him.
I'm interested to see whether they kick off with Ashwin or Jadeja. Could see Jadeja doing a bit more of a job here tying up an end, but think Ashwin is probably a bigger wicket taking threat as he's a bigger turner of the ball. Plus, he does all the press conferences.

I love the few weeks leading up to the opening test. Trying to work out who'll play (more fraught this time than usual), who you predict will or won't perform, which visiting players you're looking forward to seeing etc etc.It's a n exciting time tbh.

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain

How on Dog's earth could anyone regard Murali as Alpha? Top of the pops as a bowler, yes. Alpha? No.
A tall Beta tried to mess with his career in 1995. He couldn't. Went on to become the highest wicket taker ever in both ODIs and tests ( 1300 + wickets !). As alpha as they come.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'm interested to see whether they kick off with Ashwin or Jadeja. Could see Jadeja doing a bit more of a job here tying up an end, but think Ashwin is probably a bigger wicket taking threat as he's a bigger turner of the ball. Plus, he does all the press conferences.

I love the few weeks leading up to the opening test. Trying to work out who'll play (more fraught this time than usual), who you predict will or won't perform, which visiting players you're looking forward to seeing etc etc.It's a n exciting time tbh.
Yeah, Ashwin vs Jadeja is pretty interesting, If Pandya was playing we could have possibly gone for the left field choice - and played Kuldeep as possibly the best wicket taking option. Now that he isn't I am favoring Jadeja on recent form and Ashwin stinking up the past two away tours.

OverratedSanity

Yeah, Ashwin vs Jadeja is pretty interesting, If Pandya was playing we could have possibly gone for the left field choice - and played Kuldeep as possibly the best wicket taking option. Now that he isn't I am favoring Jadeja on recent form and Ashwin stinking up the past two away tours.
Ashwin would be less frustrating overseas if he was just rubbish all the time instead of looking excellent in one spell and stinking it up the rest of the series.

TheJediBrah

Alpha males who are relatively short :

Viv Richards
Richie Benaud
Virat Kohli
Real AB
Murali

Beta Males who are tall

Tom Moody
Nilesh Kulkarni
Graeme Hick
Mohammad Irfan
Peter Fulton
excellent post

edit: do have to agree with Burgey re. Murali though. Can't say I see many alpha characteristics in him, still a cool guy

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's short people, then there's midgets under 5'8. It's really quite simple.

This thread needs to get the terminology figured out before the boring cricket starts tomorrow.

TheJediBrah

I walked past a 5'8 guy the other day on the street. Gave me a really uncomfortable feeling for some reason. They shouldn't be able to interact with us in civilised society.

Flem274*

123/5
spose it's the logical end point for the two most beta nations in the world to obsess over alpha males in their little thread. next you'll be comparing your 5cm massive threats.
I walked past a 5'8 guy the other day on the street. Gave me a really uncomfortable feeling for some reason. They shouldn't be able to interact with us in civilised society.
that was just your erection