• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Cricketer's Voice You Hate the Most?

Mr Miyagi

Banned
It's very annoying. He says the most inane things. He's captain obvious.

What is worse though?

Commentators who say the obvious things, or commentators who make basic errors constantly.

I'm not saying Rusty is as smooth or as skilled as Ian Bishop is (great voice, great commentary, knowledge, thought - he really has it all).

I'm just saying he's not that bad compared to some that I have suffered through in recent times, imo.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Viv. Imran. JK.

Lara's voice and commentary are awful. Hate Russell Arnold too. Didn't hate it but ABdV was hard to understand.
Awful voices don't seem to have stood in the way of female adulation. Viv sounds pretty ***y to me tbh and Imran has that aristocratic, stiff upper lip thing going. Nasally but not altogether atrocious.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Has to be KP in my opinion. His accent is odd, half Afrikaans, half upper class english, all bizarre and irritating.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Has an annoying habit of speaking very slowly too, even at moments where a lot of information ought to be delivered quickly
I would take him over Abeysinghe, any and every day of the week myself..

in terms of those I like, Bumble, Pommie and Ian Bishop..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Viv's voice is very rough.

I really like Nasser and Bishop's voices. Shastri also has a good voice, unfortunately the content is nonsense.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
That Pommie guy from Zimbabwe (does commentary in SA too) - just shouts all the time. I don't mind him per se but if he and Ravi ever commentate together - it will be like UFC commentary I fear.

Flem274*

123/5
The one true answer to this thread is Mushfiqur Rahim

*shakib bowls, batsman middles it* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOWLING SUCKY SUCKY

Flem274*

123/5
That Pommie guy from Zimbabwe (does commentary in SA too) - just shouts all the time. I don't mind him per se but if he and Ravi ever commentate together - it will be like UFC commentary I fear.
Jeremy or Jeffrey something or other is the greatest from Zimbabwe. Booming voice, has no idea what's going on and talks constantly. He's fantastic in a truly terrible way.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KP is meh but is truly unbearable when he breaks out into that god awful laugh