• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in the West Indies 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I was Roach I’d be spewing at Holder. Would have wanted at least 2 more overs
Nah he's injured - calf I think. Could barely get through the overs he got, limped off the field after his spell and they're saying he probably won't bat now.

Borges

International Regular
Don't think they will prepare a pitch like this if Ireland tours. Will be playing in to hands of Ireland.
Often it backfires. As it did, against Sri Lanka,

Showing the T20 mercenaries the door was the most important step in the right direction.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Windies! Roach & Gabriel are looking like the best opening bowling combo West Indies have had in years. Judging by their current form anyway.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think they will prepare a pitch like this if Ireland tours. Will be playing in to hands of Ireland.
I don't think it's necessarily about creating a home advantage.

Well it may be, but Caribbean cricket in general has been plagued by lifeless wickets for a while now and a source of their many problems. Bog ordinary spinners have dominated the domestic scene for the past several years and batsmen get little reward either.

Besides, it'll bring some excitement back to their cricket.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah he's injured - calf I think. Could barely get through the overs he got, limped off the field after his spell and they're saying he probably won't bat now.
Oh no Windies we'll be in serious trouble this game minus a batsman. Might only end up with a first innings lead of 400.

Borges

International Regular
This is a very good cricket pitch so far (though it already shows some signs of variable bounce on day one).
With decent opposition, this is actually a win-the-toss-and-bat-first wicket.

TheJediBrah

The ball was jagging dramatically off the pitch for the Windies in the highlights though. I would say it looked like a minefield but then WI got to 2-200 so either it settled down massively or the BD bowlers really ****ed up

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Just a bit of discipline outside offstump was needed

Always been a fan of Roach and he should be good to go in the second innings.

cnerd123

likes this
This BD team is so talented but so soft. They don't have the stomach for a fight, their self belief has grown over the years but you still see them freeze in tough situations and succumb to panic and the 'I'd rather be anywhere else' syndrome. They haven't yet learned how to gut it out, play ugly cricket, scrap and claw and fight for every inch. You push them they fall. They're still in their comfort zone when they're the underdog and have nothing to lose and their opponents are complacent. Put any weight of expectation on them, or put them agaisnt a side that's desperate to beat them, and they just concede.

So disappointing.

Daemon

The exception is Mushfiqur. Smallest guy in the team but the only one with the stomach for a fight.

TheJediBrah

Just a bit of discipline outside offstump was needed

Always been a fan of Roach and he should be good to go in the second innings.
Yeah the BD techniques against the moving ball were atrocious, probably made the pitch look tougher than it was.

This BD team is so talented but so soft. They don't have the stomach for a fight, their self belief has grown over the years but you still see them freeze in tough situations and succumb to panic and the 'I'd rather be anywhere else' syndrome. They haven't yet learned how to gut it out, play ugly cricket, scrap and claw and fight for every inch. You push them they fall. They're still in their comfort zone when they're the underdog and have nothing to lose and their opponents are complacent. Put any weight of expectation on them, or put them agaisnt a side that's desperate to beat them, and they just concede.

So disappointing.
Too many waste men