• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2018

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Still wasting starts I see. 300 is about par on this and I can't see us getting there.

Beamer

Someone from that middle order really need to kick on
Agreed. It's a big problem. Good attitude though, they all fought it out or at least tried to.

The pitch did offer some movement and uneven bounce so 300 should be competitive, particularly as Lanka have to bat last. Might be tough to get to 300 though knowing our lower order.

Very impressed with Kumara. He'll be quite a bowler when he sorts that radar out.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Worried about this test, I just found our selection so uninspiring. There isn't a single bowler in our squad that makes me want to watch it and get excited about.

So I guess I'll just be praying for runs and attractive batting from Hope, Hetmeyer and Chase.

YorksLanka are there any Sri Lankan fast bowlers we can look forward to seeing?
Sorry for the delay mate, work getting in the way of me viewing cricket- cant be right lol.. Kumara is a decent bowler(IMO) when he gets his radar right- he gets good carry and bounce but I think sometimes he gets carried away trying to bowl as fast as he can, rather than getting the ball in the right areas. Lakmal has been bowling well for a while now so I think he will do ok. Its a shame for us that Pradeep and Chameera are both injured as they both add variety to our bowling..
Not a bad day for us, although I gather there were dropped catches and some missed opportunities which could have reduced the Windies score..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Chameera is a potential match winner, easily the most exciting SL quick that has developed in the last 5 years. Inconsistent and can barely get on the park for now though

Lakmal is our work horse, the guy we go to when we field a 1 seamer attack on dustbowls, Pradeep was developing more consistency from his early days but he just hasn't been on park enough to really capitalise.

Gamage is ok on his day but just barely test standard overall IMO, bit early to tell perhaps

Beamer

Sorry for the delay mate, work getting in the way of me viewing cricket- cant be right lol.. Kumara is a decent bowler(IMO) when he gets his radar right- he gets good carry and bounce but I think sometimes he gets carried away trying to bowl as fast as he can, rather than getting the ball in the right areas. Lakmal has been bowling well for a while now so I think he will do ok. Its a shame for us that Pradeep and Chameera are both injured as they both add variety to our bowling..
Not a bad day for us, although I gather there were dropped catches and some missed opportunities which could have reduced the Windies score..
Chameera is a potential match winner, easily the most exciting SL quick that has developed in the last 5 years. Inconsistent and can barely get on the park for now though

Lakmal is our work horse, the guy we go to when we field a 1 seamer attack on dustbowls, Pradeep was developing more consistency from his early days but he just hasn't been on park enough to really capitalise.

Gamage is ok on his day but just barely test standard overall IMO, bit early to tell perhaps
Cheers guys. I was very impressed with Kumara. Pace and aggression all day. I knew Lakmal is a good bowler already, so accurate and with decent each way movement.

Not so with Gamage, he looked less than test standard to me. Medium fast, inaccurate and with a no-ball problem. It was only one day though so lets see how they do in the series. The ball did do something for the seamers and started turning towards the end of the day so I think 300 is about par.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
I can appreciate LAkmal being the 'workhorse'Yet, his 100 career test wickets have come well above 40.
I alos can appreciate the enthousiasm about a young fast bowler. But Kumara's career figures are so far, piss poor.

I didn't watch a thing yesterday, but should be able to watch most of today.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I can appreciate LAkmal being the 'workhorse'Yet, his 100 career test wickets have come well above 40.
He had an awful start, as late as 2013 he was averaging 65 (after 14 matches), he's averaged under 40 since then, and been very consistent, particularly since the SA tour in 2016/17, there's no doubt that he's been the best performing seamer over the last 5 years and he currently leads the attack.

Of course he probably wouldn't make the starting XI of most other test teams but he's currently the best SL can offer, keeps it tight and bowls long spells when conditions are adverse to apply pressure at one end, and he can get a bit of nip and makes early breakthroughs when conditions suit (which isn't often).

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lakmal has actually developed into a quality test bowler over the last couple of years, even on some fairly lifeless subcontinent pitches. I tend to think Chameera looks the most promising though, he could be an excellent fast bowler if he can stay fit for longer more often.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's Eranga up to? Hasn't played since 2016.

He had the heart thing and was reported for throwing but there are articles saying he's clear of both.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Bishoo still hanging in there..credit to him. Impressed with dowrich who has batted really well and deserves a ton..