• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Modern Country Draft (2000s)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geez I can't believe Nannes hasn't been picked yet. Perfect pick for the Netherlands.

Except that he didn't play enough ODIs.

I can't believe a 150kph quick who was reasonably accurate only ever played one ODI.

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Geez I can't believe Nannes hasn't been picked yet. Perfect pick for the Netherlands.

Except that he didn't play enough ODIs.

I can't believe a 150kph quick who was reasonably accurate only ever played one ODI.
Please don't come up with player names.
Thanks.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Sorry guys!

1. Amla SA
2. QDK SA wk
4. Ryan Ten Doeschate NL
5. Mohammad Yousuf Pak
9. Murali SL
11. Waqar Younis PAK

And as it's a double pick I'm going for QDK (SA) and Mohammad Yousuf (Pak).

I'll have to beef up my bowling with the next few picks.

Last edited:

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
No they haven't in ODI cricket when we talk about 2000s - where have you read otherwise?
It's not about reading, it's about actually watching the game of cricket.

Akram, Waqar, Yousuf, Inzy, Anwar, Saqlain, Ajmal, Gul, Asif, Kamran, Misbah are just a few all eligible to be picked in this draft.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

Akram, Waqar, Yousuf, Inzy, Anwar, Saqlain, Ajmal, Gul, Asif, Kamran, Misbah are just a few all eligible to be picked in this draft.
You mentioned reading, so I thought you may have read something that I didn't watch.

...and you seriously think countries other than Australia haven't had ODI players of the calibre of Kamran drop-mal, Umar leg-side filth Gul and Misbah tuk-tuk-ul Haq?

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain

Can we not mention the names of the potential player picks.

I know it doesn't make a difference, but the whole purpose of the draft become meaningless and less fun when you come up with list of players like this.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Round 1

Himannv-Shakib Al Hasan (OTHER)
Sillycowcorner1-Chris Gayle (WI)
weldone-Brian Lara (WI)
Teuton-Curtly Ambrose (WI)
oblongballs-Waqar Younis (PAK)
randycricfreak-AB De Villiers (SA)
kingkallis-Wasim Akram (PAK)
mr_mister-Courtney Walsh (WI)

Round 2

mr_mister-Heath Streak (OTHER)
kingkallis-Andy Flower (OTHER)
randycricfreak-Virat Kohli (IND)
oblongballs-Ryan ten Doeschete (OTHER)
Teuton-Sachin Tendulkar (IND)
weldone-MS Dhoni (IND)
Sillycowcorner1-Glenn McGrath (AUS)
Himmanv-Rohit Sharma (IND)

Round 3

Teuton-Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
weldone-Shaun Pollock (SA)
mr_mister-Adam Gilchrist (AUS)
Himannv-Saqlain Mushtaq (PAK)
kingkallis-Sanath Jayasuriya (SL)
randycricfreak-Ricky Ponting (AUS)
Sillycowcorner1-Inzamam Ul Haq (PAK)
oblongballs-Muttiah Muralitharan (SL)

Round 4

Oblongballs-Hashim Amla (SA)
Sillycowcorner1- Daniel Vettori (NZ)
randycricfreak - Shane Warne (AUS)
kingkallis - Allan Donald (SA)
Himannv - Aravinda de Silva (SL)
mr_mister- Michael Bevan (AUS)
weldone- Shahid Afridi (PAK)
Teuton-Lance Klusener (SA)

Round 5

kingkallis-Andrew Symonds (AUS)
randycricfreak-Andrew Flintoff (ENG)
Teuton-Shane Bond (NZ)
Sillycowcorner1-Mark Boucher (SA)
mr_mister-Sourav Ganguly (IND)
Himannv-Brendon McCullum (NZ)
Weldone-Kevin Pietersen (ENG)
oblongballs-Quinton de Kock (SA)

Round 6

oblongballs-Mohammed Yousuf (PAK)
weldone-Chaminda Vaas (SL)
Himannv-David Miller (SA)
mr_mister
SillyCowCorner1
Teuton
randycricfreak
kingkallis

Round 7

Himannv
Teuton
oblongballs
mr_mister
kingkallis
weldone
randycricfreak
SillyCowCorner1

Last edited:

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
You mentioned reading, so I thought you may have read something that I didn't watch.

...and you seriously think countries other than Australia haven't had ODI players of the calibre of Kamran drop-mal, Umar leg-side filth Gul and Misbah tuk-tuk-ul Haq?
So, you oculdnt think of a way to criticise Akram, Waqar, Inzy, Yousuf, Anwar, Ajmal and the rest. Basically proves my point.

But yeah "thin resources".

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
I'm still shocked by some of the omissions so far...and also glad because I then get to make some world class bowling picks.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So, you oculdnt think of a way to criticise Akram, Waqar, Inzy, Yousuf, Anwar, Ajmal and the rest. Basically proves my point.

I said 'relatively thin resources', 'relatively' as in compared to Australia, South Africa or India - You countered that by saying only Australia had better resources and then list Khatmal, legside filther and tuk-tuk-ul in your list
...But don't worry, go on as if you're the only one who watches cricket here

If only Australia had better ODI resources in 2000s then how couldn't Pakistan play even one World Cup final after 2000 and always languish at no. 7 in the ODI rankings? They have got a decent ODI team in 2017 after a long long time. All Pakistani CWers will agree with me.

Maybe I need to read and watch more to get the answer, lol.

Last edited:

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
so, you oculdnt think of a way to criticise akram, waqar, inzy, yousuf, anwar, ajmal and the rest. Basically proves my point.

do you even have the basic comprehension skills? Or are you having a difficulty in reading posts on this thread?

One final warning,

No mentioning of players who are unpicked

Last edited:

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
do you even have the basic comprehension skills? Or are you having a difficulty in reading posts on this thread?

One final warning,

No mentioning of players who are unpicked
Calm down mate, plus I mentioned them in relation to a separate discussion but fine.

I said 'relatively thin resources', 'relatively' as in compared to Australia, South Africa or India - You countered that by saying only Australia had better resources and then list Khatmal, legside filther and tuk-tuk-ul in your list
...But don't worry, go on as if you're the only one who watches cricket here

If only Australia had better ODI resources in 2000s then how couldn't Pakistan play even one World Cup final after 2000 and always languish at no. 7 in the ODI rankings? They have got a decent ODI team in 2017 after a long long time. All Pakistani CWers will agree with me.

Maybe I need to read and watch more to get the answer, lol.
But the issue isn't how a team may perform, the issue here is world class players that are eligible to be picked. I just mentioned the names you obviously didn't know. That includes at least 2 world class spinners, 4 or 5 world class bowlers and 3 or 4 world class batsmen. You can't counter that at all. India can't even field one world class fast bowler in the ODI format (eligible in this time frame), England may have 1 or 2 (I can't name them obviously) and NZ have about 1, who is already picked.

Pakistan are certainly a top 2 or 3 side in terms of players eligible for this draft (Aus and SA the other 2 imo). I see the problem with you is that I am not making India part of that list but that is on you. If you can't have a cricket discussion and know only to talk about India that is fine, but don't drag me into that please.