• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is your favorite sledging instance?

digiosmosis

Cricket Spectator
Another one is between Virendra Sehwag and Michael Clarke when the latter tried to sledge Sachin Tendulkar:-

Virendra Sehwag - "Your teammates calls you pup".
Michael Clarke - "Yeah mate".
Virendra Sehwag - "Which dog breed do you belong to, Pup?"

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Another one is between Virendra Sehwag and Michael Clarke when the latter tried to sledge Sachin Tendulkar:-

Virendra Sehwag - "Your teammates calls you pup".
Michael Clarke - "Yeah mate".
Virendra Sehwag - "Which dog breed do you belong to, Pup?"
haha that's ****ing crap.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Notes:
-- Sarwan's married to Cindy Parsram.
-- Sarwan had no idea McGrath's wife had cancer
-- A friend of mine told me that McGrath hit on her while his wife was still alive but after her diagnosis.
-- Eddo Brandes made a joke about having *** with McGrath's wife and he didn't react half as badly (before she was diagnosed with cancer). Specifically this exchange.......

This was almost certainly an urban legend unless the scriptwriter to the film Major League (filmed in 1989) plagiarised the story.
Tbh, not sure if it's true or not -read it in a book I had on cricket sledges so just assumed-made me laugh anyway!

smash84

The Tiger King
Had come across this one at one of the forums, haven't seen it elsewhere but seems pretty good.

Merv Hughes bowling to Imran Khan

"" I bowled several bouncers at him, all of which he swung at and missed
I mentioned to him that I thought he might be too old to be playing Test Cricket.
He just smiled at me and said ''Youre quite right , but at least Im not fat like you."

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had come across this one at one of the forums, haven't seen it elsewhere but seems pretty good.

Merv Hughes bowling to Imran Khan

"" I bowled several bouncers at him, all of which he swung at and missed
I mentioned to him that I thought he might be too old to be playing Test Cricket.
He just smiled at me and said ''Youre quite right , but at least Im not fat like you."
lmao that is even lamer than the Sehwag one

Burgey

The Jimmy Ormond to Mark Waugh sledge about not being the best player in his family is probably the GOAT and will take a lot of beating. Junior openly admits that he got ridiculously owned that day.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
There is not much between the ears you know with these cricketers? Michael Vaughan and Swann were both on celebrity editions of mastermind, which for those who do not know is a very intense high-brow British quiz programme, and they are thick as two short planks.

Burgey

CW’s Leonardo da Vinci rightly passing judgment on the intelligence of others here

Cow

Banned
Which is your favorite sledging instance in International Cricket? Mine one is the instance between Virat Kohli and James Faulkner.

Kohli - "You’re wasting your energy. There’s no point, I’ve smashed you enough in my life. Just go and bowl"
About as funny as child poverty.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe this thread is 3 pages old and the single greatest cricket sledge has yet to be mentioned........

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Awful. What a national embarrassment, and Johnson certainly had his revenge.
Mitch did indeed get his revenge, and absolute power and respect to him for it.

But **** off thats a national embarrassment.......thats Englands 13th man doing their thing. Incredible to see scenes like that 13k miles away from home.

Even your boy Colly said he wanted his last test to be at home and Sydney that year felt like a home test so he was happy to bow out like that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Threads called "cricket sledges" mate.......and that's an epic cricket sledge.

Though I can appreciate you and the rest of the members were none too impressed, probably made your Bollinger taste a bit sour. Or had you all gone home by then:laugh:

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
Mitch did indeed get his revenge, and absolute power and respect to him for it.

But **** off thats a national embarrassment.......thats Englands 13th man doing their thing. Incredible to see scenes like that 13k miles away from home.

Even your boy Colly said he wanted his last test to be at home and Sydney that year felt like a home test so he was happy to bow out like that.
Maybe he meant Johnson in that series :ph34r: