• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers with names that sound like biscuits

Kirkut

International Regular
All the French names in South African cricket team sound like desserts menu from a high end restaurant.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Virat Kozhi
Muttai Muralitharan
Ian Bhel
David Boona
Shaun Palak
Piyush Chawal
Tim Bresnaan
Ian Salisbury-Steak
Andrew McDonald's
Udon Bradman

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, so a while ago I stumbled across the odd but amusing 'Cricketers with names that sound like cheeses' thread, and now that I'm thinking of biscuits due to the recent ban of them by Sri Lanka, I'm shamelessly ripping it off.

So far I've got:

• Wasim Jaffa Cake
  • Dimitri Macaroonas
  • Shane Dow-rich tea

I hope for many more
FTR, in the UK at least, a Jaffa Cake is legally regarded as a cake, not a biscuit. To prove their point, the manufacturers baked and brought to court a giant Jaffa Cake. Possibly my favourite ever piece of litigation.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Fruit XI

WG Grapes
Bananamul Haque
Usmango Khawaja
Greg Chapple
Orangelo Mathews
Plum Warner
Pearthiv Patel / Adam Pearore
Bob Appleyard
Angus Fraisins
Papaya Ntini
Pomegranete Mbangwa*

*last minute substitution for Pommie Mbanguava

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
TimTam May
Joe Arrowroot
Monte Carlos Brathwaite
Lattice Malinga
Hamish Kingstons (kingston plays for Tasmania)
Jimmy Almond
Biscotti Muller
David "rum ball" Lloyd.