• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players who 'over-performed' internationally

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's also correct that he's the number 1 bowler by the rankings, and that's a part of his overachievement that's relevant to the thread. Or you can just hijack it.
Or everyone can overreact & spend the next two pages going on about the nerve of someone pointing out Jadeja isn't the world's best Test bowler, since he's basically Jeetan Patel away from home, while in fact agreeing with their overall premise.

Burner

International Regular
He's Jadeja at home though. And no one is Jadeja at home to the extent that Jadeja is Jadeja at home.

Daemon

zinzan definitely underperforming internationally. should go back to the nz domestic thread imo and continue shouting 'look kippax another 50 for raval!'

Zinzan

zinzan definitely underperforming internationally. should go back to the nz domestic thread imo and continue shouting 'look kippax another 50 for raval!'
Zinzan's got such a big chip on his shoulder he can begin to charge Jadeja rent

Lol @ the "Indian Mafia circle jerk like-club", this new breed of sensitivity about any arguments against their team or any of their players since CW started, no other group comes close, yet Kiwi supporters get tagged as 'Kiwaahhs", and nobody can see the irony.

It's little wonder why top posters like Heef just don't bother here anymore.

You can all rant and rave and like one another posts in your typical circle jerk fashion, but Jadeja is NOT the world's number 1 bowler in any meaningful way except he's been lucky he's had an excellent run in home conditions. The true best bowler in the world, whoever it is, performs both home and away, and certainly doesn't average more than twice away than he does at home.

There's a nice juicy post that can create more outrage and circle jerking for the next 4 pages now :) Have fun.

Daemon

Noted indian circle jerkers welalbidarned, pup_clarke and vic_orthodox.

Also you kinda just admitted to trolling

TheJediBrah

Jadeja is the no. 1 Test bowler though, according to the current ranking system. That's an undeniable fact.

Whether he's the world's "best" bowler is another matter.

Anyway even if you say he relies too much on home conditions, he's still outperformed all other spinners in those conditions, including other Indian spinners who are also playing at home so . . .

cnerd123

likes this
Lol @ the "Indian Mafia circle jerk like-club", this new breed of sensitivity about any arguments against their team or any of their players since CW started,
See Zinzan, what you fail to see is that you're the one who feels the need to bring up irrelevant points on a topic. Things that had no reason to be said. You just felt an burning urge to say it. That's what reflects so poorly onto you, Thats why people go 'Zinzan, wtf is wrong with you'. Because for some reason, you're the only person in the entire conversation who felt it absolutely necessary to point out that Jadeja's rise to number 1 is based on home performances, or how Sachin didn't help Akhtar up when he collided into him way back when, or how you won't be convinced of a player/team's quality unless they meet arbitrary criteria you set.

None of these things were relevant points to the conversation at hand, but you just felt such a strong desire to say them, and then when people point out to you how there is no reason to be saying that, you accuse them of being sensitive/aggressive/blah blah blah, when really the truth of the matter is the only reason you said those things is because you are the one with a huge chip on your shoulder that you are trying to pretend isn't there. You need to say those things because they bother you, deep to your core, and not because they're valid points to the discussion.

And hey, you know what, we all do it. I do it when I rant about pitches. Burgey does it about Allan Border not being called AB. OS has this weird thing with 50s and 100s. But the difference is we all recognise that these things are our problems, not everyone elses, and thus we don't need to stink up every single thread in the forum talking about it. We don't need to hijack any loosely related discussion to talk about what bothers us all the time -like you did just here. And even if we did do that, we don't need to attack those who call us out on having a chip on our shoulders. **** I've been called out being obsessed and not letting go of certain topics loads and when I do, I drop it. Everyone does. We recognise when we're being a broken record, and we stop and we move on.

You don't tho.

Howe_zat

Audio File
**** I've been called out being obsessed and not letting go of certain topics loads and when I do, I drop it. Everyone does. We recognise when we're being a broken record, and we stop and we move on.
do you eck as like

Burgey

See Zinzan, what you fail to see is that you're the one who feels the need to bring up irrelevant points on a topic. Things that had no reason to be said. You just felt an burning urge to say it. That's what reflects so poorly onto you, Thats why people go 'Zinzan, wtf is wrong with you'. Because for some reason, you're the only person in the entire conversation who felt it absolutely necessary to point out that Jadeja's rise to number 1 is based on home performances, or how Sachin didn't help Akhtar up when he collided into him way back when, or how you won't be convinced of a player/team's quality unless they meet arbitrary criteria you set.

None of these things were relevant points to the conversation at hand, but you just felt such a strong desire to say them, and then when people point out to you how there is no reason to be saying that, you accuse them of being sensitive/aggressive/blah blah blah, when really the truth of the matter is the only reason you said those things is because you are the one with a huge chip on your shoulder that you are trying to pretend isn't there. You need to say those things because they bother you, deep to your core, and not because they're valid points to the discussion.

And hey, you know what, we all do it. I do it when I rant about pitches. Burgey does it about Allan Border not being called AB. OS has this weird thing with 50s and 100s. But the difference is we all recognise that these things are our problems, not everyone elses, and thus we don't need to stink up every single thread in the forum talking about it. We don't need to hijack any loosely related discussion to talk about what bothers us all the time -like you did just here. And even if we did do that, we don't need to attack those who call us out on having a chip on our shoulders. **** I've been called out being obsessed and not letting go of certain topics loads and when I do, I drop it. Everyone does. We recognise when we're being a broken record, and we stop and we move on.

You don't tho.
This wasn't a bad post until you lumped me in with OS and yourself. ********* effort.