• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia T20s 2017

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Good win for us yesterday. I know a lot of talk about it being a weakened Aussie team, and if so, we can only play the team that's put up against us.. We have a few players missing from our team too.. For me, nice to see Kapu, shanaka and Siriwardena back in this squad..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
After watching Dimuth and Silva continuously get picked to open in the Test team I had assumed SL didn't have anyone applying pressure on them. Munaweera, Gunaratne and co. look decent so it is good to see.

For Australia it was a disappointing performance. We probably made a par score but that was helped by I'd say 15 runs gifted by weak fielding.

Stanlake was horrible and some of the bowling changes didn't come off at all. Stanlake's third over, no Head, all 6 overs in the PP bowled by pace and Cummins bowling out quite early weren't great moves. I like Tye but thought Abbott and Bokand deserved to make the squad ahead of him as they are better wicket takers (AJ the better death bowler).

Anyway, bring on game 2. How's the weather in Geelong?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it raining in Geelong ?
yes

After watching Dimuth and Silva continuously get picked to open in the Test team I had assumed SL didn't have anyone applying pressure on them. Munaweera, Gunaratne and co. look decent so it is good to see.

For Australia it was a disappointing performance. We probably made a par score but that was helped by I'd say 15 runs gifted by weak fielding.

Stanlake was horrible and some of the bowling changes didn't come off at all. Stanlake's third over, no Head, all 6 overs in the PP bowled by pace and Cummins bowling out quite early weren't great moves. I like Tye but thought Abbott and Bokand deserved to make the squad ahead of him as they are better wicket takers (AJ the better death bowler).

Anyway, bring on game 2. How's the weather in Geelong?
Tye is a far superior T20 bowler than Boland or Abbott. Abbott just seemed to get gifted wickets every time he bowled.

But for some reason when Tye fronts up for Australia he turns to **** but when he plays for Scorchers he can be all but unplayable

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
yes

Tye is a far superior T20 bowler than Boland or Abbott. Abbott just seemed to get gifted wickets every time he bowled.

But for some reason when Tye fronts up for Australia he turns to **** but when he plays for Scorchers he can be all but unplayable
Probably because Tye does the same or similar role every Scorchers match. Game 1 he bowled 1 over in the PP, 1 in the middle overs and 1 at the death. That is not utilising him correctly. I know he is a great death bowler, but I definitely don't think he is better than Boland/Abbott in the first 6 and I find it hard to say that Tye is better in the middle overs too.

Just to explain in a different way. I would rate the bowlers something like:

Overs 1-6
Boland 7 Abbott 6 Tye 5

Overs 7-15
Abbott 7 Tye 6 Boland 6

Overs 16-20
Tye 9 Boland 7 Abbott 6

Those numbers are just estimates, I haven't thought about it SO much, mainly just proving that he is a death bowler.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why drop Zampa? The guy who was our best bowler in the last match? Can only think that it's because Finch hasn't a clue about tactics and just prefers to bowl the fast bowlers even when they are getting carted around the park. I wonder if we'll employ the 'short down leg' bowling strategy that seems to be popular in this country recently as well?

Compton

International Debutant
Finchy is the just the best.

Move your feet as little as possible, edge every delivery that doesn't go for 6.