• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

veganbob

U19 Captain
AB way too good.

Thats 40 runs over par without even considering south africas bowling. Need a epic from Guptill, williamson or taylor.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One positive for NZ is Neesham actually looking like a bowler.

Mind, he's done this once before after looking like a waste of space with ball, bowled a decent spell, only to revert back to being terrible.

Be great for NZ if he has turned a corner.

Southee unsurprisingly awful, Boult surprisingly so. Once either Milne or even McClenaghan are fit, Southee's gotta go. I'd honestly even prefer someone like Bennett in home ODIs to Southee.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
It can be hard to see how to stop it but it's still kinda annoying that we have basically let ABDV do whatever he wanted to do in every game this series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's kind of crazy how bad Southee's been post the England game in the World Cup. You'd think he'd be able to fluke a few wickets here and there.

Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
Yeah that's despicable. I know his Test record for a while in a similar period was also poor, but I'd argue in Tests he's just blown hot and cold rather than completely and consistently losing it. In ODIs he shouldn't playing ahead of Henry anymore IMO; he's been terrible for ages, both aesthetically and numerically.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'm hoping the assessment of what is a good total on this pitch is way off, otherwise looks like the series is up. The top 4 will probably have to stay in till the 35th over and score at a reasonable clip.

Re: Southee, those are shocking stats. Someone's clearly been getting a free pass for way too long, though to be fair his death bowling in recent times has been better than today.

Add to all this, South Africa at full strength are too much of a matchup problem. NZ had three decent spin options to pick from but Tahir will likely outbowl them on his own.

akilana

International 12th Man
Poor from SA. Should have bowled Rabada and Parnell until 10th over to try to put more pressure.