• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Futherest you have hit a cricket ball

Bijed

International Regular
I don't tend to hit the ball very far - it's often a lottery as to whether I get any bat on it at all - but I've been hit absolutely miles. Several times in one over, as it happens.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I don't tend to hit the ball very far - it's often a lottery as to whether I get any bat on it at all - but I've been hit absolutely miles. Several times in one over, as it happens.
Sounds similar to me on the rare occasions I bowled.

As for batting, I never hit a six in all the years I played. Just didn't have the strength, and preferred to hit the ball along the ground anyway.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
I've cleared the inner circle a few times with some lofted drives over cover - so lets say 50m. Then it went to the fence so another 50m, let's say. So I think I will put down 100m.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hit a one-bounce four once, during my legendary and career-best innings of 12.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The levels people like us play at, bowlers usually don't bowl fast enough for us to clear the ropes with a well timed hit. However, that didn't stop me from trying and I got caught regularly at long on/long off. Our college ground was uneven and the leg side boundary was shorter, which meant a lot of the bats including me cleared that side of the field for six. We usually pulled spinners in that direction.

Once in college, we borrowed a bowling machine, brought it over to our pitch once evening and set it at the max speed setting. We took turns facing it and none of us could middle anything. The highlights of that session were a few edges that took off. One guy nailed a straight drive and hit it a mile after we reduced the speeds slightly though.

Daemon

The levels people like us play at, bowlers usually don't bowl fast enough for us to clear the ropes with a well timed hit. However, that didn't stop me from trying and I got caught regularly at long on/long off. Our college ground was uneven and the leg side boundary was shorter, which meant a lot of the bats including me cleared that side of the field for six. We usually pulled spinners in that direction.
Speed helps but its really not that hard to pump slow bowlers for six, especially if you use your feet. We practice six hitting once in a while where you get a throwdown and try to hit it straight. Usually get about 1 in 5 to clear the ropes because I suck but the good batsmen do it easily.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Speed helps but its really not that hard to pump slow bowlers for six, especially if you use your feet. We practice six hitting once in a while where you get a throwdown and try to hit it straight. Usually get about 1 in 5 to clear the ropes because I suck but the good batsmen do it easily.
Using your feet isn't easy. Unless you have made an effort to come down the wicket in the nets and during games through a season, holding your head still is difficult and you completely miss the ball more often than not. Opening up your stance and having a swing is easier and more effective nine times out of ten.

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah i'm a fan of planting the front foot and having a swing, it can get me pretty far but i'm horrible at estimations so i couldn't give a figure

Daemon

Using your feet isn't easy. Unless you have made an effort to come down the wicket in the nets and during games through a season, holding your head still is difficult and you completely miss the ball more often than not. Opening up your stance and having a swing is easier and more effective nine times out of ten.
Doesn't work on Astro unfortunately. Diff strokes for diff folks.