• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Draft by Nation: The Poll

Which is the best team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

listento_me

U19 Captain
This is your chance to vote on the teams chosen in what is quite possibly, the single greatest draft in the history of cricketweb, so don't be shy.

These are the much vaunted teams:

morgieb's XI:

1. Shahriar Nafees
2. Brendan Taylor
3. Darren Bravo
4. Michael Clarke* (6)
5. VVS Laxman
6. Ryan ten Doeschate (3)
7. Chris Cairns (2)
8. Sarfraz Ahmed +
9. Graeme Swann (5)
10. Muttiah Muralitharan (4)
11. Makhaya Ntini (1)

NZTailender's XI:

1. Grant Flower (6)
2. Habibul Bashar
3. Kumar Sangakkara
4. Inzamam-ul-Haq*
5. AB de Villiers+
6. Shivnarine Chanderpaul
7. Ravichandran Ashwin (4)
8. Mohammad Nabi (5)
9. Stuart Broad (2)
10. Tim Southee (3)
11. Ryan Harris (1)

kingkallis' CricZo XI:

1. Matthew Hayden / ( AUS )
2. Brendon McCullum + / ( NZL )
3. Brian Lara / ( WI )
4. Mahela Jayawardene / ( SL )
5. Shakib Al Hasan / o ( BNG ) - 6
6. Steve Tikolo / o ( KEN ) - 7
7. Shaun Pollock o / ( SA ) - 1
8. Andy Blignaut o / ( ZIM ) - 3
9. Saqlain Mushtaq o / ( PAK ) - 5
10. Anil Kumble o / ( IND ) - 4
11. James Anderson o ( ENG ) - 2

Shady Slim's slimternational love XI:

1. Stuart Carlisle
2. Mohammad Shahzad
3. Hashim Amla
4. Rahul Dravid*
5. Carl Hooper(6)
6. Andrew Flintoff(3)
7. Adam Gilchrist+
8. Daniel Vettori(4)
9. Chaminda Vaas(2)
10. Mashrafe Mortaza(5)
11. Waqar Younis(1)

AndrewB's XI:

Virender Sehwag (6)
Sanath Jayasuriya (5)
Mohammad Yousuf
Joe Root
Ross Taylor
Mominul Haque
Andy Flower+
Vernon Philander (1)
Shane Warne (4)
Kemar Roach (2)
Hamid Hassan (3)

The Battlers Prince's Battlers XI:

1 Graeme Smith*
2 Ed Joyce
3 Jonathan Trott
4 Virat Kohli
5 Mahmadullah
6 Dwayne Bravo (5)
7 Tatenda Taibu+
8 Rangana Herath (4)
9 Shane Bond (2)
10 Shoaib Akhtar (3)
11 Glenn McGrath (1)

Listento_me's Listeners XI:

1. Cook ENG
2. Tamim Iqbal BANG
3. Ponting c AUS
4. Khan PAK
5. Kallis (2) SA
6. Samuels (5) WI
7. Dhoni wk IND
8. Masakadza (6) ZIMB
9. Boult (1) NZ
10. Malinga (3) SL
11. Varaiya (4) Kenya

RedHills XI:

Chris Gayle (6)
Kane Williamson
Misbah ul Haq
Sachin Tendulkar
Kevin Pietersen
Angelo Matthews (5)
John Davison (4)
Mushfiqur Rahim +
Heath Streak (3)
Mitchell Johnson (2)
Dale Steyn (1)

listento_me

U19 Captain
Ok, I'm gonna vote here now and I'm torn between RedHill, NZ and myself but I can't vote for myself so I'm going to go for what is the best balanced team imo. That's RedHill.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Draft Polls are traditionally multiple choice, fyi, with people choosing their top 3.

Thanks for running the draft, though. Was good.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Yes, don't think I'd want every draft having the "fixed team per round" sort of set-up but it made an interesting change.

Himannv

International Coach
morgieb's XI: I read through the draft thread the other day and it looks like this side was affected badly by some ridiculous inactivity rule. I can't vote for this side; it's crap.

NZTailender's XI: Probably the best side with excellent batting and decent bowling. I dislike the look of that opening combination and I can't remember who the **** Mohammad Nabi is, but besides that this is a very good side.

kingkallis' CricZo XI: Another good side. I don't rate the bowling as highly as some of the other sides and that middle order is a bit questionable, but kingkallis has some top players picked. Not a contender due to the Matthew Hayden rule.

Shady Slim's slimternational love XI: Full marks for making the coolest pick of the draft; Stuart Carlisle. I'm a big Carlisle fan so I like this side quite a bit. I dislike seeing Amla batting at 3 ahead of Dravid and the bowling is a bit weak, but apart from that this is a decent team.

AndrewB's XI: That top 3 will boss a flat track like no other. Roach, Hassan and Haque don't impress me all that much and I feel Andy Flower is wasted a bit as a keeper.

The Battlers Prince's Battlers XI: Fanastic bowling attack but ordinary batting. I like how well structured this team is in comparison with most of the others. Players are mostly playing in their right positions and not shoehorned into unfamiliar roles. Definitely a contender for the best side on the strength of how the side is composed.

Listento_me's Listeners XI: Good batting side but woeful bowling.

RedHills XI: Another good batting lineup with ordinary bowling.

I had to choose between The Battlers Prince's Battlers XI and NZTailender's XI and I went with the former after some deliberation.

kingkallis

International Coach
I picked my XI by keeping both ODI and tests in mind and my top order has wonderful record in tests as well as ODIs. Same goes for the bowling unit as well.

My vote though goes to TBP for having a well composed team.

RedHill doesnt have a good spinner hence I avoided voting for his team.

listento_me

U19 Captain
morgieb's XI: I read through the draft thread the other day and it looks like this side was affected badly by some ridiculous inactivity rule. I can't vote for this side; it's crap.

NZTailender's XI: Probably the best side with excellent batting and decent bowling. I dislike the look of that opening combination and I can't remember who the **** Mohammad Nabi is, but besides that this is a very good side.

kingkallis' CricZo XI: Another good side. I don't rate the bowling as highly as some of the other sides and that middle order is a bit questionable, but kingkallis has some top players picked. Not a contender due to the Matthew Hayden rule.

Shady Slim's slimternational love XI: Full marks for making the coolest pick of the draft; Stuart Carlisle. I'm a big Carlisle fan so I like this side quite a bit. I dislike seeing Amla batting at 3 ahead of Dravid and the bowling is a bit weak, but apart from that this is a decent team.

AndrewB's XI: That top 3 will boss a flat track like no other. Roach, Hassan and Haque don't impress me all that much and I feel Andy Flower is wasted a bit as a keeper.

The Battlers Prince's Battlers XI: Fanastic bowling attack but ordinary batting. I like how well structured this team is in comparison with most of the others. Players are mostly playing in their right positions and not shoehorned into unfamiliar roles. Definitely a contender for the best side on the strength of how the side is composed.

Listento_me's Listeners XI: Good batting side but woeful bowling.

RedHills XI: Another good batting lineup with ordinary bowling.

I had to choose between The Battlers Prince's Battlers XI and NZTailender's XI and I went with the former after some deliberation.
Thanks for taking the time to read through it and yeah, he was unlucky with being timed out. Although 12 hours is a pretty long limit and having no limits isn't productive to the draft.

I disagree with my team having woeful bowling. Malinga, Boult and Kallis are far from that. There is a lack of depth though with bowlers 4th, 5th and 6th not being particularly good.

I feel RedHill was probably the most balanced team and NZ/BP both had good teams. Almost voted NZ myself.

Draft Polls are traditionally multiple choice, fyi, with people choosing their top 3.

Thanks for running the draft, though. Was good.
Ooops, but we can just figure out which position the teams rank with the number of votes.

NZTailender

Ooops, but we can just figure out which position the teams rank with the number of votes.
It's not really about where they rank, but a better way of finding out the best team. For instance, if 10 people vote, and the winner has 3 votes, that's 7 people who think the winning side isn't deserving. Multiple votes give a better indication of which is the strongest side because they might be someones second or third choice, and accumulate more votes as such.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol give the poor lad a break ... jeez, it's not the end of the world if it's a single vote for a change even if the multi vote probably does work better :p

NZTailender

Lol give the poor lad a break ... jeez, it's not the end of the world if it's a single vote for a change even if the multi vote probably does work better :p
Explaining why most of the drafts here are multi format. Also avoids deadlocks.

For future reference.