• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James the owner of cricketweb

indiaholic

International Captain
Spent a very long time lurking before posting here. Seemed like everybody had access to reserves of cricketing knowledge that i was barred from. Then I saw Bun's posting and realized i will be okay here.

Howsie

International Captain
This might be a stupid question but how do you actually get a forum up and running? Not so much the forum itself but get people interested in joining? I mean personally I wouldn't have joined if this place had like no activity so how exactly do you get the community up and running?

Shri

Mr. Glass
By starting out with an idea and then adding rules to make it something else once its successful.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This might be a stupid question but how do you actually get a forum up and running? Not so much the forum itself but get people interested in joining? I mean personally I wouldn't have joined if this place had like no activity so how exactly do you get the community up and running?
Well the early 2000s were the peak of forums. That's when you had the best forums going around when everyone was looking for something like that to express themselves. So basically that was a time when everyone in general was looking for something like this..then came blogs, then came social media and now no one is really interested in joining forums. They just post/debate/troll on Facebook.
So, to answer your question, around 05-06 was when I discovered the whole forum business and started actively looking for forums that match my interests. When I googled cricket forum, this one came up and I saw a lot of activity and I joined straight away.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
So, we letting the whole 'PEWS posts in a thread about Cricket forums on the wane' slide then guys?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember thinking there were actual international cricketers on this forum. Then I was told that Jayawardene was neither Mahela nor was he ever likely to post again

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that's probably right. I'd describe he crop from the past 18 months as cautious, but sound for the most part. You'd give them a pass mark but there hasn't been a bunch of stand outs like there were back in 2006-2007, for example.
You clearly meant 2004 - 2007. It does seem August is a good month for quality posters to join regardless of the year.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You start with an idea and 100 multis, and then whittle the multis down as people actually join.