• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Overrated/Underrated

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Massively Underrated: T20s

****s flock to their screens when they hear de Villiers is smashing a 30 ball 100 or Gayle has chased down 300 in 15 overs but refuse to admit it.

Burgey

Massively Underrated: T20s

****s flock to their screens when they hear de Villiers is smashing a 30 ball 100 or Gayle has chased down 300 in 15 overs but refuse to admit it.
This is a DLF Maximum post.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Massively Overrated: T20`s

****s flock to their screens to watch AB/ Gayle hit a 5th string part time bowler with restricted fielding settings all over off a flat pitch....

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Possibly something to that, although I still think Marshall's generally regarded as the best of other reasons to merely that & his average.

Out of interest, has there ever been a poll solely for Aussies on the forum as to who they rate out of McGrath & Lillee? Would like to see the result of that. Hard to pick given we have a good cross section of young and old on this forum.
To me it's like comparing Tendulkar with Viv

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeah, similar line of thought.

Viv will always be in my XI from players I've seen, but is he unquestionably better than Lara, Tendulkar and Ponting?

No idea tbh.
It's more that X-factor vs ridiculous consistency. McGrath and Tendulkar were brilliant against all opponents in all conditions. Lillee and Richards were slightly more enigmatic (but still very consistent).

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Overrated - Straight and on drives, easiest ****ing shot and commentators juice over it so much.

vcs

Overrated: Dropping and running quick singles
Underrated: Hitting the ball with the correct pace to the deep fielders to be able to pinch 2

91Jmay

International Coach
Overrated: unintelligable howwazzatt
Underrated: Pointing back at umpire and asking the question

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Underrated: The apparent ease with which professional cricketers catch a dense and very hard rock hurtling towards them at great speed with their bare hands

Burgey

Underrated: Farming the strike. Just the best thing to do to your batting partner when you're going well. Take a single of the fifth or sixth ball, or knock back one for them from the same deliveries.